cooling pad/mat

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
We've been having wonderful weather this week as summer is kicking in. Temperature is about 22-30°C (71-86°F) already waaay too hot for Bulldogs. I want to buy a cooling pad anyone has any experience? i saw this one that doesn't need water nor to be refrigerated for the cooling effect to work. also saw cooling vests. just wanna know if it's worth buying stuff like this? Thank you guys! :D

mo77511

Jan 23, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sukie and Tucker
I bought this one and my 2 would not get near it. It sprung a leak a few weeks after we got it so it is not very puncture resistant
coolmat.jpg

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
[MENTION=10904]mo77511[/MENTION] Thank you! yeah read about some reviews about bad quality :(.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Please be very cautious with cooling pads. We had a member have her baby die after ingesting the cooling material. I would get a coola roo bed instead.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My dogs always had padded beds. I got a coolaroo as an extra-thinking they wouldn't use it. They all love it! Good idea [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION]

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] thank you very much for the warning! searched for coolaroo and its available here! thank goodness! Thank you guys!

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
what size of coolaroo would be good for a bulldog, large?

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Just bought a coolaroo bed based on the suggestions here. Koozer loves his orthopedic bed but it has a sheepskin type top on it, so in the summer it is too hot for him to sleep on. I like the idea of having the coolaroo for him at night in the summer. Thanks for the post!

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Just bought a coolaroo bed based on the suggestions here. Koozer loves his orthopedic bed but it has a sheepskin type top on it, so in the summer it is too hot for him to sleep on. I like the idea of having the coolaroo for him at night in the summer. Thanks for the post!

what size did you order? can't seem to find the actual bed with the frame available here. all i found were replacement covers in amazon.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/Rosalie [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] we have a member here that her baby ate the supposed "non-toxic" material and he died… it was absolutely horrible!!! I would use EXTREME caution w/those cooling pads if you choose to get them...

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
I ended up buying the Large size because I'd rather it be too big than too small. I bought mine literally 10 minutes ago on Amazon. I searched "Coolaroo Dog Bed" and ended up buying the first one on the list...sold by coolaroo. Let me know if you need any more info. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

what size did you order? can't seem to find the actual bed with the frame available here. all i found were replacement covers in amazon.

I ended up buying the Large size because I'd rather it be too big than too small. I bought mine literally 10 minutes ago on Amazon. I searched "Coolaroo Dog Bed" and ended up buying the first one on the list...sold by coolaroo. Let me know if you need any more info. Good luck!

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)

Thank you! i was thinking of buying large too if i ever find one here :).

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
The trainer we went to see yesterday had these:
http://kuranda.com/
So I ordered one for Walley-Bubba and it will fit nicely in his crate.
Should keep him cooler...and more comfortable than the hard crate plastic tray...and chew-proof

1 xAll Aluminum Dog Bed - $106.95
SKU: 76-04-C-FG
Fabric Color: Forest Green
Fabric Type: Textured Nylon (Cordura)
Bed Size: 40 x 25 Large

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I have the cooling mat by green pet shop and I my dog absolutely loves it. We take it to camp with us and in the summer he uses it daily after being outside, it can even be put in the freezer. I have heard that it's toxic but my dog has never tried to eat it. I think it's a great product. Supervision required I guess.

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
I have the cooling mat by green pet shop and I my dog absolutely loves it. We take it to camp with us and in the summer he uses it daily after being outside, it can even be put in the freezer. I have heard that it's toxic but my dog has never tried to eat it. I think it's a great product. Supervision required I guess.

Sounds too risky. Can't supervise 100% of the time.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.