Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 33

Thread: cooling pad/mat

  1. #13
    Bulldog Walker Starkie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Simon
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    290
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
    Likes (Received)
    35

    Default Re: cooling pad/mat

    The trainer we went to see yesterday had these:
    http://kuranda.com/
    So I ordered one for Walley-Bubba and it will fit nicely in his crate.
    Should keep him cooler...and more comfortable than the hard crate plastic tray...and chew-proof


    1 x All Aluminum Dog Bed - $106.95
    SKU: 76-04-C-FG
    Fabric Color: Forest Green
    Fabric Type: Textured Nylon (Cordura)
    Bed Size: 40 x 25 Large

  2. #14
    Wrinkle Wiper adamslater's Avatar
    Real Name
    Adam & Jen
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Sudbury, ON
    Posts
    134
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    6

    Default Re: cooling pad/mat

    I have the cooling mat by green pet shop and I my dog absolutely loves it. We take it to camp with us and in the summer he uses it daily after being outside, it can even be put in the freezer. I have heard that it's toxic but my dog has never tried to eat it. I think it's a great product. Supervision required I guess.

  3. #15
    Bulldog Walker Starkie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Simon
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    290
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
    Likes (Received)
    35

    Default Re: cooling pad/mat

    Quote Originally Posted by adamslater View Post
    I have the cooling mat by green pet shop and I my dog absolutely loves it. We take it to camp with us and in the summer he uses it daily after being outside, it can even be put in the freezer. I have heard that it's toxic but my dog has never tried to eat it. I think it's a great product. Supervision required I guess.
    Sounds too risky. Can't supervise 100% of the time.

  4. #16
    Dog Groomer Mia Amor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Anaheim/ So Cal
    Posts
    591
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: cooling pad/mat

    Yah I would think it would burst as most bulldogs like to chew on anything I would be so worried about that. I love that bed though the one that is elevated.

    Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

  5. #17
    Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,821
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)
    350

    Default Re: cooling pad/mat

    @adamslater thank you for your input . mine is also not a chewer but what i am now afraid of is when he scratches it and it leaks! lol. Bifi is a very curious boy, i'm pretty sure he'll lick it.


    @Starkie Thanks for the suggestion but that's too rich for me lol. also not available here.

  6. #18
    Bulldog Walker Starkie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Simon
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    290
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
    Likes (Received)
    35

    Default Re: cooling pad/mat

    Quote Originally Posted by dieMuttivonBifi View Post
    @adamslater thank you for your input . mine is also not a chewer but what i am now afraid of is when he scratches it and it leaks! lol. Bifi is a very curious boy, i'm pretty sure he'll lick it.


    @Starkie Thanks for the suggestion but that's too rich for me lol. also not available here.
    Internet sales and saving up could work for you?

  7. #19
    Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,821
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)
    350

    Default Re: cooling pad/mat

    Quote Originally Posted by Starkie View Post
    Internet sales and saving up could work for you?
    hmmm guess it could work but i would be worried about the shipping cost here to Germany .

  8. #20
    Dog Park Attendant hnhammond's Avatar
    Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    471
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)
    47

    Default Re: cooling pad/mat

    We used to have a big one, but I had to throw it out. They're impossible to clean! Matilda had an accident on hers, and I could never get the urine out of it It was permanently stained no matter how many times it went through the wash.

  9. #21
    Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,821
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)
    350

    Default Re: cooling pad/mat

    Quote Originally Posted by hnhammond View Post
    We used to have a big one, but I had to throw it out. They're impossible to clean! Matilda had an accident on hers, and I could never get the urine out of it It was permanently stained no matter how many times it went through the wash.
    it could be washed? and it still worked after washing? lol ok it kinda peaked my interest lol.

  10. #22
    Wrinkle Wiper adamslater's Avatar
    Real Name
    Adam & Jen
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Sudbury, ON
    Posts
    134
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    6

    Default Re: cooling pad/mat

    Quote Originally Posted by dieMuttivonBifi View Post
    @adamslater thank you for your input . mine is also not a chewer but what i am now afraid of is when he scratches it and it leaks! lol. Bifi is a very curious boy, i'm pretty sure he'll lick it.


    @Starkie Thanks for the suggestion but that's too rich for me lol. also not available here.
    My dog jumps around and plays on his and it has never ripped. It's one year old now and used often. The material is very durable. I put the mat in the freezer to cool in the summer. If your dog licked it it would not hurt him, Winston chews his toys and eats treats on the mat all of the time.

  11. #23
    Drool Catcher Gfitz911's Avatar
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    215
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Koozer
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Default Re: cooling pad/mat

    Received our Coolaroo the other day. Hubby and I set it up (super easy BTW) and Koozer took to it immediately. Of course, he laid down, then had to twist, turn, and wiggle all around on it to make sure his stink covered it thoroughly. At any rate, he loves it and I am super happy so far. Oh yeah, the large is HUGE! But again, I'd rather it be too big than too small.

  12. #24
    Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,821
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)
    350

    Default Re: cooling pad/mat

    Quote Originally Posted by adamslater View Post
    My dog jumps around and plays on his and it has never ripped. It's one year old now and used often. The material is very durable. I put the mat in the freezer to cool in the summer. If your dog licked it it would not hurt him, Winston chews his toys and eats treats on the mat all of the time.
    Would you mind if i ask for a picture and the brand of your cooling pad? would really appreciate it. Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gfitz911 View Post
    Received our Coolaroo the other day. Hubby and I set it up (super easy BTW) and Koozer took to it immediately. Of course, he laid down, then had to twist, turn, and wiggle all around on it to make sure his stink covered it thoroughly. At any rate, he loves it and I am super happy so far. Oh yeah, the large is HUGE! But again, I'd rather it be too big than too small.
    Thank you very much for the update! awesome. only thing i need to do now is to order for a coolaroo here but for the life of me can't find any online! it's really frustrating. oh well, maybe i have to wait a couple more years for coolaroo to arrive here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •