How did you pick your bully ?

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
We picked Leon because our mortgage fell through was a spur of the moment thing then a few months later found out mortgage had been rejected but accepted haha.
eteqyhat.jpg
So are you building a house?

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
[MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION]
Not personally a company is building it for us we just choose the format for the house from different options and the rest from other companies i.e kitchen bathroom floor

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I decided I wanted one after spending time with Arnold's GF (had a litter with her). I kept looking and looking at pictures of pups and found Arnold's picture (he was named Chevy). I met with the breeder and all the pups and picked him even after seeing all the pups and Arnold being so shy. My husband just rolled his eyes. I made Dean go up the the breeders house and he fell in love with him as well. Now Bertha, the moon and the stars aligned after multiple failed attempts at finding a pup. I just didnt get that "bam" feeling. I got the call hours after Bertha was born that she was available!!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I always wanted a bully since I was a little girl. The funniest thing is I have always ended up buying small toy dogs. Don't know why. I should have just purchased what I always wanted. Well one day I was bored at work and googled bullies and looked to see if there were any breeders within driving distance. I found a breeder and saw a picture of Raven, it was love at first sight. I sent her picture to my husband and jokingly told him that she was what I wanted for valentine's day. She was such a beautiful and gruff looking little girl. Her face also reminded me of a pitbull my husband had during our early dating days. Well he emailed me back ASAP and said to call the breeder and let's drive up and get her. I was still a bit ambivalent because housebreaking a dog in winter is rough. So I said let's take the drive and I can decide when we see her and see her personality. So we got up early Saturday and took the drive with our kids. The minute I saw her in person and saw her mischievous ways I said she belongs to us. She made me laugh because she came and sat in front me and just belched and farted while looking me in my eyes, gross I know, but she just made me laugh. It was kind if like a test...hey this is me can you handle it? I never regretted the purchase, even when it was the middle of the night and freezing and I was taking her potty. Raven is such an important part of our family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Long story short, I had been talking with my breeder for over a year. I was "in line" for a while when she called me and said that if I wanted first pick from what was going to be left over from a certain litter I could jump in. She was going to keep some puppies for herself for breeding and family members. It wasn't set in stone since she didn't know how many puppies she would have so there was a chance I would have to wait longer. Well, there were only 3 puppies and Dooley was the only male. She knew I was kinda leaning towards male solid in color so I commented and the rest is history. Drove out to pick him up the day he turned 8 weeks and couldn't be happier. Best purchase I've ever maid!!!

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
With Meatball, I chose him because he was the "odd" pup in the litter. They were all red, white, and fawn puppies. Meatball stuck out like a sore thumb being the only brindle pup. As for male or female, I swear there is a difference. I have always preferred male dogs

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I am ashamed to admit but 3 years ago I was one of the typical clueless people in the market for a bulldog that everyone in this forum would despise. I wanted to buy one but my cousin was heavily involved in a local bulldog rescue and she explained how many needed help. She taught me everything about bullies from square one and made sure I knew exactly what owning a bulldog would require. I'm embarrassed to think back of my first conversation with the head of the rescue. I wanted a puppy and I wanted him to be white and I wanted him healthy. My God I look back now at what an *** I was. My priorities were all wrong focusing on what I wanted instead of rescuing a bully in need. Then it all went out the window when I heard of an 8 mo. old bully they had to get out of a house of hoarders who kept him in the yard with 2 huge bull mastiffs. He was dirty and cut up and had worms but one look at him and I had to have him! The day I got chum I rank right up there with the births of my kids. My favorite part of being involved with EBN is being a rescue mod. It's an amazing feeling when you see them get adopted...on the other hand it's heartbreaking seeing how many don't...My mission now is educate the people who were like me and turn them into bulldog fanatics!

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
When we finally were ready to have a dog, I had been campaigning for a few years and really wanted a lap dog ( careful what you wish for lol) my husband who has always loved bulldogs ( we have about 50 bulldog statues) found fatso online..I didn't care male or female only that for our first dog I wanted an older dog, he was 1 1/2 and needed a new home..he had 2 previous owners and was quite a handful but I sat on the floor with him and was covered in slobber and hair in seconds..I fell in love with him immediately..he's got a huge attitude and kind of rules the roost around here, and yes I got my lap dog..all 65 lbs of him��

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I had been looking for ages and then I saw a pic of Ftse and two litter siblings and instantly fell in love and had to have him, he was what I had been looking for and I wanted a boy not a girl as my Pug female was a beitch in all ways

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
1st bulldog ... Attitudee ... I paid for her before she was ever conceived and told the breeder that I wanted a female bulldog with a brindle body and a white face. Though it was a rough first experience with bulldogs I was completely hooked on the breed!!

2nd bulldog ... Madison ... I saw a picture of her and I knew in my heart she was meant to be my dog, I did a co-ownership with her and after a visit with my GodSon she fell in love with the kids and when she came home after her weekend visit (they babysat while I was out of town) she wouldn't eat wouldn't sleep just paced around crying so the breeder and I made the decision to let her stay with my friend and her family. She came back to me several years later, turned out my so called friend wasn't a friend after all and my poor Madison was tossed away like yesterdays garbage but she came home to me and spent the rest of her life being cherished and spoiled in the home she truly belonged in!!

3rd bulldog ... Diesel ... Diesel is a baby born to Madison in her first litter, he has weak hips and at the time wasn't able to walk well the breeder asked if I knew of anyone who wanted a special needs bulldog (she really meant, did I want to take him because she knew I was the one who would take the best care of him) I said he belonged with me and she said well that is really what I meant. Diesel came home with me and is so strong and healthy now :) and is the love of my life and first male bulldog or dog of any breed that I've ever owned.

4th bulldog ... Molly ... I was offered a retired show dog named Lilly after my Attitudee passed away and I was set to go and meet her and introduce her to Diesel to see how they got along, she was beautiful and so loving with me but she wouldn't let Diesel near me and that was a deal breaker for sure. I was babysitting at the breeders house while she was a show and she has this silly little 9 month old female that played really well with Diesel and one day stupid me let two of her females out that decided they wanted to fight, I was trying to stop the fight and keep them from getting injured and that sweet little puppy closed her eyes and put her little body between me and the two fighting females trying to protect me and it was then I knew that she was suppose to be my girl. I left that weekend with Diesel and Molly as my two babies :)

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I had a screen saver of a Bulldog and I thought I would love to have that kind of breed, so I looked on the web site for English Bulldogs, and found a breeder, Thank Goodness I choose the right breeder. Elmo had not been on the internet Rosie said but about 30 min. when I called Rosie and said I want to adopt your Beautiful Boy, his name was then Casper. I did not think he looked like a Casper, so I named him after my favorite character on Sesame Street. I choose Elmo because he looked so special to me, big feet, he was all white, except one brown spot on his cheek and ear, and his little mouth the way he was posing looked like a round cherio would fit inside it. It really did not matter if I adopted a boy or girl, I fell in Love with Elmo, My Little Man. Oh How I
sign0168.gif
My Elmo.

txmarine0001

May 27, 2014
I knew my turkey was for me when out of the 4 puppies that were there we walked up to me sat and sat down next to me....then decided to crawl in my lap and take a nap that was 4 days ago hes a little boy but a good one.uploadfromtaptalk1401283161502.jpg this is him with his hedge hog .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
We decided that we wanted to get a dog. We looked at all kinds of dogs, especially at rescues and adoption events. But my husband had his heart set on a bulldog, and drooled over bulldog puppies for nearly a year.

We found our breeder because a friend had gotten a pup from her not too long before we had finally saved enough to pay for a bulldog puppy.

After drooling over the photos of her available puppies, we chose our little Winston.

As much of a pain in the backside as he is, he is perfect and I love him and I do crazy things just to make him happy because it makes me happy to see him that way. I know you all understand.

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I have always thought that I wasn't a dog person. They were ok but that was it. Hubby was wanting a dog so he would research breeds and show me pictures. Most of the time I was uninterested. Then he started with the bulldog pictures and they were so dang cute! I told him we could have one BUT I wasn't going to take care if it. I wasn't going to deprive my family of a dog. He kept looking until we found some advertised that looked like what we wanted. I contacted the breeder and was told that the mom was a family pet. We arranged to meet on Christmas Eve. I thought we were going to their home. Turns out we met in a parking lot. (Yes, another one of those stories) He had 3 puppies, all male. One had a hairlip and the other 2 were normal. I went crazy! I loved Henry from the second I seen him. My husband and daughter picked him also. It was unanimous! We bought him and that's how it started. Hubby assumed the new would wear off and I'd go back to not being a dog lover. It's not happened yet. He's now 7 months and I love him dearly. So far he's been a very healthy pup. I pray the people we got him from were honest. I had no idea until I found this site that we may have made a huge mistake. I don't think I could go back to life without a bulldog. He's so affectionate and I soak it up.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.