Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
2 questions

how did you know that was the pup for you.....and why did you pick one sex over the other ( boy or girl ) :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas was 4.5 months old, he was being "re-homed" due to a young businessman that had him and was working 14 hours a day. He had no time for a pup. Lucky me!! We met at a park and I KNEW I was not coming home with out him. I still send pictures every Christmas to the previous owner and Vegas is over 5 yrs old now, It was a win-win situation. :yes:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
To be truthful I didn't. I always wanted a bully and had talked about what I was looking for. My family pulled a fast one and surprised me with Harlea last year. They managed to keep it a secret from me for quite awhile.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
We picked Leon because our mortgage fell through was a spur of the moment thing then a few months later found out mortgage had been rejected but accepted haha.
eteqyhat.jpg

Anamaida

Oct 3, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Itzy
I didnt want a bully, my husband always dreamed with it. So, I just said "bring which ever dog home" oh God, now I can't even imagine my life without Itzy. She makes my life happier!

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
My neighbor , had a bulldog pup. I was new to my place and I met his puppy she was cute as a button. I fell in love and wait for her to breed. A friend, suggested I get rescue. I found SoCalBulldog Rescue. I did a walk event and met my love at first sight . She walked right up to me and went around my leg like a cat. She was instant connection and I asked about her and went through the adoption process.
She's going to be 5 on July 3. She's my puppy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
After having a ( bitch ) for 14 years I wanted the complete 100% change, I didn't want to keep comparing so I got diesel,
I love all colours but red and white is my fav......
nual and Paisley was a surprise as my wife organised it with a breeder friend, It would have been rude if I had of said no
:whistle:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
For our first, Nitshcke.... I found an AKC breeder website and contact a local breeder. When we started talking she stated he was very shy and she was thinking of keeping him because of the four visits he had, he would not allow the people to approach him. So, we made an appointment and when Lewis (my b/f) got out of the car... Nitschke (then Reggie) ran right up to him and started playing. Our breeder was so happy she could not believe how comfortable he was with us... we stayed for an hour and when we left it was like he was with us forever. so, he really did pick us.

With Banks, we went back to the same breeder,had third pick from the litter and since we already had a male, our breeder insisted we get a female... Lewis selected Banks based on a picture (i ca't find it) showing her sleeping and all you can see is her brindle marking above her eye. But, this shot below did lewis in... he had to have her

GetAttachment.aspx

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I was meant to do some photos for Lilly breeders i was unaware i will be coming home with one - especially coming from a kennel with good reputation
I always been drawn towards girls as i love giving them belly rubs and im not fussed on boys "lipsticks" ;-)
We pocked lilly as she was most clumsiest bully in the litter

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I told my husband on his birthday that I will buy him a bulldog as a gift cos he always talked about how he wanted one. He went straight to the internet and found one that was close to us and ready to go. No planning, no researching, no preparing:ashamed: If I had known then what I know now... but that's how we got Boeboe, our "first born" child<3

Bennie I saw one day in an advertisement while just looking around on the internet. His little face just screamed "TAKE ME HOME PLEASE". I waited patiently for my husband to wake up and when he finally did I told him we have to get him and we did:). Again no preparing:ashamed:

Joey my husband found on Junkmail. She and a male was advertised as a breeding couple:( My husband wanted to go look at them but I was hesitating... of course we ended up going and I knew from the start once we've met them we can't leave them. They both seemed in ok condition and we went straight to the vet with them. It turned out Frasier (the male) had entropion which caused his eye infection. Joey had a bad ear infection, I think it messed up her hearing a bit, and her eyes were also infected. She also had severe hip dysplasia. They were obviously neglected and Joey's "thumb" claws were growing into her leg:( They lived in a small walled off area next to the house, it was paved with no grass or plants what so ever. They were there for 27 months, which was basically Joey's entire life as she was only 3 when we got her:( Frasier we had to re-home cos he and Bennie fought badly but he got an awesome home:) I'm so thankful for Joey, she's very special to me and she has taught me so much<3

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My hubby had always wanted an EB, so we went to a local breeder… and it's funny because she wasn't the one he was interested in initially… Logan was holding her for quite awhile. We had heard that females were best w/young kids so that's what we decided from the get go. She was very calm, sweet and the tiniest one there. She was my hubby's baby, and still is to this day :heart:

When she had her litter we got Winton, and oh my goodness he was spoiled from the minute he was born… he was my baby…

Walter we got from a wonderful breeder, and we had decided that Roxie (our older boxer) seemed more tolerant of males than females for some reason. Anyway he's our only bully now, and of course spoiled as ever. It's funny, all of our bully babies have had such different personalities… it will be interesting to see how Walter changes as he gets older.

B

Baxter Tiberius

I always knew his name would be Baxter, so he had to be a boy.
And I remember the Baxter EB i knew from childhood so I sort of knew how he had to look.
Then I watched litters for 2 years until i "saw him" :)

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
We had lost our Roxie Honey who was an EB and my dad a few months prior to getting our Dozer and even though I said I just needed to recoup from all this loss I was browsing the internet and, Boom! Some on was selling him dirt cheap so I called and asked why she was selling him so cheap and she said her daughter was extremely allergic to him. I was a little apprehensive but when my hubby went to check him out he called and said OMG you are gonna want him, he's awesome. Sent me a few pictures and we had us a Dozer. Best thing that ever happened to us. My hubby had a heart attack about a month later and I thought I was going to lose him too. The one thing that kept me moving was knowing this little baby was depending on me. He saved me.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.