Bully Bootie Duty BuddercupKelly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How did you pick your bully ?

They do that. Once you have one you become addicted to the love.

Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

WOW. I can't believe how some people just use these babies. Thank you for saving them.

Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

We had lost our Roxie Honey who was an EB and my dad a few months prior to getting our Dozer and even though I said I just needed to recoup from all this loss I was browsing the internet and, Boom! Some on was selling him dirt cheap so I called and asked why she was selling him so cheap and she said her daughter was extremely allergic to him. I was a little apprehensive but when my hubby went to check him out he called and said OMG you are gonna want him, he's awesome. Sent me a few pictures and we had us a Dozer. Best thing that ever happened to us. My hubby had a heart attack about a month later and I thought I was going to lose him too. The one thing that kept me moving was knowing this little baby was depending on me. He saved me.

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Leon van houkje View Post
    We picked Leon because our mortgage fell through was a spur of the moment thing then a few months later found out mortgage had been rejected but accepted haha.
    So are you building a house?

I'm a good girl, I promise

Real Name
    Andrew
    Country
    Holland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leon Van T' Houkje
    Likes (Received)

@agingermom
    Not personally a company is building it for us we just choose the format for the house from different options and the rest from other companies i.e kitchen bathroom floor

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

I decided I wanted one after spending time with Arnold's GF (had a litter with her). I kept looking and looking at pictures of pups and found Arnold's picture (he was named Chevy). I met with the breeder and all the pups and picked him even after seeing all the pups and Arnold being so shy. My husband just rolled his eyes. I made Dean go up the the breeders house and he fell in love with him as well. Now Bertha, the moon and the stars aligned after multiple failed attempts at finding a pup. I just didnt get that "bam" feeling. I got the call hours after Bertha was born that she was available!!

I'm a good girl, I promise

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default How did you pick your bully ?

I always wanted a bully since I was a little girl. The funniest thing is I have always ended up buying small toy dogs. Don't know why. I should have just purchased what I always wanted. Well one day I was bored at work and googled bullies and looked to see if there were any breeders within driving distance. I found a breeder and saw a picture of Raven, it was love at first sight. I sent her picture to my husband and jokingly told him that she was what I wanted for valentine's day. She was such a beautiful and gruff looking little girl. Her face also reminded me of a pitbull my husband had during our early dating days. Well he emailed me back ASAP and said to call the breeder and let's drive up and get her. I was still a bit ambivalent because housebreaking a dog in winter is rough. So I said let's take the drive and I can decide when we see her and see her personality. So we got up early Saturday and took the drive with our kids. The minute I saw her in person and saw her mischievous ways I said she belongs to us. She made me laugh because she came and sat in front me and just belched and farted while looking me in my eyes, gross I know, but she just made me laugh. It was kind if like a test...hey this is me can you handle it? I never regretted the purchase, even when it was the middle of the night and freezing and I was taking her potty. Raven is such an important part of our family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)

My husband picked her out for me for this mothers day.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

"Hit me baby one more time!" 4WHLN's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
    Likes (Received)

Long story short, I had been talking with my breeder for over a year. I was "in line" for a while when she called me and said that if I wanted first pick from what was going to be left over from a certain litter I could jump in. She was going to keep some puppies for herself for breeding and family members. It wasn't set in stone since she didn't know how many puppies she would have so there was a chance I would have to wait longer. Well, there were only 3 puppies and Dooley was the only male. She knew I was kinda leaning towards male solid in color so I commented and the rest is history. Drove out to pick him up the day he turned 8 weeks and couldn't be happier. Best purchase I've ever maid!!!

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

With Meatball, I chose him because he was the "odd" pup in the litter. They were all red, white, and fawn puppies. Meatball stuck out like a sore thumb being the only brindle pup. As for male or female, I swear there is a difference. I have always preferred male dogs

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

I am ashamed to admit but 3 years ago I was one of the typical clueless people in the market for a bulldog that everyone in this forum would despise. I wanted to buy one but my cousin was heavily involved in a local bulldog rescue and she explained how many needed help. She taught me everything about bullies from square one and made sure I knew exactly what owning a bulldog would require. I'm embarrassed to think back of my first conversation with the head of the rescue. I wanted a puppy and I wanted him to be white and I wanted him healthy. My God I look back now at what an *** I was. My priorities were all wrong focusing on what I wanted instead of rescuing a bully in need. Then it all went out the window when I heard of an 8 mo. old bully they had to get out of a house of hoarders who kept him in the yard with 2 huge bull mastiffs. He was dirty and cut up and had worms but one look at him and I had to have him! The day I got chum I rank right up there with the births of my kids. My favorite part of being involved with EBN is being a rescue mod. It's an amazing feeling when you see them get adopted...on the other hand it's heartbreaking seeing how many don't...My mission now is educate the people who were like me and turn them into bulldog fanatics!

Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fatso, Romeo
    Likes (Received)

When we finally were ready to have a dog, I had been campaigning for a few years and really wanted a lap dog ( careful what you wish for lol) my husband who has always loved bulldogs ( we have about 50 bulldog statues) found fatso online..I didn't care male or female only that for our first dog I wanted an older dog, he was 1 1/2 and needed a new home..he had 2 previous owners and was quite a handful but I sat on the floor with him and was covered in slobber and hair in seconds..I fell in love with him immediately..he's got a huge attitude and kind of rules the roost around here, and yes I got my lap dog..all 65 lbs of him��

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads