Need some advice

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
Rocco 1st birthday is coming up. Long story short. He has allergic like most bulldog. We really don't know if is was his food or environment. We put him on Nature's Variety instinct limited ingredients diet (Turkey) and I also make him chicken and rice. Its been 2 &1/2 weeks. Rocco is doing great no more runny nose no more water watery eyes no more hives. I wanted to make him a cake or cupcakes. I also see some of you give your dog ice cream with fruit. I just don't know how he will do.:/

My question is I don't know if I should chance it and make him a cake and hope he doesn't break out or try ice cream w fruit and hope he doesn't break out. Or just buy him a can of the food he's eating already and make it look like a cake.i don't know who else to ask. He's going to be 1 and I kinda want to make a big deal about it, not if its bad for him. Please give me your in put thank you
ru5yvyny.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
If your not sure what Rocco is allergic too, I wouldn't chance it, the one chance could cost him his life. Remember the saying, rather late than never. Find his allergy and then act from there, remember knowledge is power, and Rocco looks to you to be his keeper. Lots of responsibility for his safety and well being on your shoulders, just my .02 cents.... Hope this helps!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Get the can and make it look like a cake.... if he was having a lot of reaction and you have him settled in... stay the course and buy him more toys!

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Ya I agree stay safe and make him a cake out of his food. He will love it and you won't have to chance his health and u r piece of mind. Then spoil him with toys. He will love you for trying to make his food into a cake.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I would give him what you know he can tolerate for sure.

When is his birthday?

My Rocco will be 1 on June 7!

OP
beckylu00

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I agree more new toys for him :) @Mis Amor thank u. @fasrmatt613 my Rocco will be 1June 5th

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Becky, I agree with others too, if you're not sure what triggers his allergies, I wouldn't introduce him to anything unfamiliar or new. Does Rocco get yogurt? If he does you could make a small cake using frozen yogurt, and decorate it with some of his own kibble.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Why not buy him a steak? You can even give it to him raw if you want or sear it a few mins in the pan without seasoning :). I guarantee you he'll enjoy it, But then again thats just me :D.

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
I agree with the rest if you have everything going your way dont chance it - April gets a big bowl of cottage cheese every year for her birthday because we know she can take it in her diet - she loves it ... its a big tadoo after supper we all get our own bowl !!!!!IMG_20130401_201917_280.jpgunnamed.jpg... April fools day is one of our favorite days - hence the name APRIL !!!!!!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Nice plain yogurt and TOYS!!!!!:yes:

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
I wouldn't chance it. Maybe try freezing chicken broth or beef broth into a small Popsicle for Rocco. I think they actually prefer the extra love and attention AND new toys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions