Boarding advice

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Can anyone give me some advice on boarding my Henry? The first of aug we are taking a week long vacation. I cannot bring him along. I'm very nervous about what to do. We have a lab that we had to board at a semi local vet office a few years ago. It was not overly fancy but Rootbeer was happy. Henry needs more work and attention. I don't know if I should call and ask what they do for high maintenance pets or if I should find somewhere else. My current vet is nice, but the staff is excellent. I may be ok to use them. I just don't know what to ask or how to check them out. Can anyone help me with suggestions? It would be ideal to use a family member but I don't have anyone that I can trust.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ask the staff at your vet if any of them pet-sit .... our vet has a few that do it. worth a try

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Oh, good idea. I can never think when I'm the one in need. : )

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ask the staff at your vet if any of them pet-sit .... our vet has a few that do it. worth a try

Great suggestion… I use my friend who used to work at my vet clinic. Good luck!!!

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Can anyone give me some advice on boarding my Henry? The first of aug we are taking a week long vacation. I cannot bring him along. I'm very nervous about what to do. We have a lab that we had to board at a semi local vet office a few years ago. It was not overly fancy but Rootbeer was happy. Henry needs more work and attention. I don't know if I should call and ask what they do for high maintenance pets or if I should find somewhere else. My current vet is nice, but the staff is excellent. I may be ok to use them. I just don't know what to ask or how to check them out. Can anyone help me with suggestions? It would be ideal to use a family member but I don't have anyone that I can trust.

We usually have a friend that watched Barkley if we go out of town but she recently moved and we had a 5 day trip planned, so we decided to board him for it. We knew of a place that a few people had recommended. I was nervous about it but they are very structured and spend a lot of time interacting with the dogs. They do a temperament test to make sure the dogs aren't aggressive and determine what play group the dog should be in so they're with dogs with similar personalities during play time. They also have individual kennels with cots and TV's on all the time for them to watch.

We took him for a night a week before our trip so he would be familiar with it and he absolutely LOVED it! When we came to pick him up he didn't even want to leave! They even gave us a report card of how he did haha.

He did great there while we were on the trip and was soooo exhausted when we brought him back home. I'd definitely recommend asking around, looking on Yelp for reviews of different places and just going to take tours of places too. Good luck!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.