being rude

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
A good friend of mine thinks one of my dogs is ugly/gross and she has said it to me before several times. The reason for this is because she walked him during my wedding and (of course) that one time is when he had a "poop tail" because he ate grass and my friend's husband had to pull it out. ***** like that happens, literally, to all dogs. Ever since then she has called him gross and ugly. She even went as far as bringing it up in front of a bunch of mutual friends at a later date (we were at another friend's destination wedding). The first day I let it slide. The second day she brought it up I said to her that it offends me when she talks about my dog. Although she thinks he is "gross" he's an awesome dog and I'm sorry she is so stuck on one event that she will never see it. She got it instantly and stopped talking about him. Since we are such good friends it wasn't awkward.

Now I say to myself, what would I do when a stranger said the same thing to me - or something offensive about my dog. I would probably respond the same way you did. It was very classy. At the end of the day she is not the person who needs to love your dog, so there is no reason to prove a point to her.

OP
msericathatcher

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
[MENTION=9255]Susie[/MENTION] oh my lanta- that's rude too! I get that very often too.... It killllllssss me "aren't bulldogs suppose to be fat?" No- they are not "suppose" to be anything ....Alright maybe a little chubby, chunky, big, healthy, and fluffy but not fat!

[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] I loooooovve all these pictures :) too cute! I'm right now in the process of painting bentley 's area where his apartment (crate- he goes in and out of it as he pleases..usually when he is having a mood or doesn't want to be bothered lol) with a silhouette of a bulldog saying "life is better with a bulldog" I may have to add these quotes to the area hahaha. In my eyes would someone turn around and say to a parent oh do you have to different dads for your kids? Cause they have different body types?? Nooo... How many people would become offended after that?!? Lol

[MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION] bahahaha I would love to hear that! My husband's grandmother is Scottish! She can put any tucker driver, sailor, whomever to shame sometimes. Especially if she doesn't like something- she's feisty that's for sure. She always talks to bentley like he is a child and he just tilts his head....I think her accent confuses him.

[MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION] see, friends I can handle... I think you handled that situation perfectly. Hey sometimes we all get dirty bums ;) but it is what it is! At least he didn't rub it all over her OR pee on her!! Bentley leans his body on people when he greets them and everyone always thinks he is gonna pee on them - I always say oh no he isn't - but I know one day I'm gonna say it and bentley will prove me wrong haha. Thank you I tried- he is the my little cuddle bug and that lady has to live only with herself.

I see a lot of dogs during the day- and one guy who walks his cat (I'm a dog walker) and I see some really cute ones and some less then cute ones but I would never comment on it- just because they aren't cute to me doesn't mean that their owner doesn't find them the most adorable thing to walk this planet. I met this one woman one time who came up with her rat terrier and started petting bentley and she asked all about him and I turned around and said oh what kind of dog do you have? She goes " gay dog...my boyfriend got it for me..." And stormed off. I couldn't help but chuckle.

People are just rude & stupid

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgHi Erica, I have a picture that says just that, Life is better with a Bulldog, I'll send it to you,

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
True fact... people who act like @sses are usually unhappy. I let them get away with it as long as it doesn't affect me. Nothing annoy a person who makes stupid comments more than getting a positive response:tongue: Love doing it:sarcastic:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
angelbabygirl 011.JPG [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] If people acted like @sses, they would be better off! It's the @sses that act like PEOPLE that are a problem for me!!:yes:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Yesterday while at the agility park, this woman turns around and mentions that she use to work for a EB rescue in FL- I told her that she was awesome and has a big heart. I unfortunately have too quick of a temper and couldn't handle seeing a person who mistreats animals. ( blame my dad -little Italian man) she laughs and I go and start to do what I went to the park to do -

she then says to me " his face is strange, his eyes are too separated apart"

I sucked it up (cause I was always told to be respectful to people) and smiled with responding " he's just perfect to me"

When someone says something rude to any of you, how do you respond?

I'd definitely have to tell her "Your mommy dresses you funny" My Dog is perfect, your on your attire, Have a Nice Day!! Don't talk about my family or kids.... and FYI my dogs are my kids!!!

B

Baxter Tiberius

When someone says something rude to any of you, how do you respond?

I remind myself that its an indication they have mental problems, and I make myself feel better by reassuring myself that if that nugget came out of their mouth for absolutely no reason, they do much worse on a regular basis and have a rather unhappy life in general. All that shoots through my brain in the split second after the dung is spewed from their mouth, and I walk away feeling sorry for them.

-B-

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
being Scottish I sort of suffer from touretts at the best of times lol:whistle: -- i would have told her (go) and when she got there to (fk off) some more

Ahhh, Jimmy! It must be my Scottish ancestry (McIntoshes, Duncans, and so many more), but I believe my response would have been "bite me." But then, I have had a rough few weeks at work. :hmm: One should NEVER, EVER, EVER insult a person's spouse, child, or dog. That woman should be ashamed of herself. :nono:

OP
msericathatcher

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
[MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION] exactly! Bentley is my child.... I just couldn't believe this woman (someone who could have been MY mother) said this!

[MENTION=11527]AC2115[/MENTION] bahahaha

[MENTION=8322]baxter[/MENTION]tiberus that's what the smile was for ;) to be the bigger better person...

[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] hope work gets better for ya! She should! And shortly after her comment she left! Something must have registered she was being an a-hole

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Ahhh, Jimmy! It must be my Scottish ancestry (McIntoshes, Duncans, and so many more), but I believe my response would have been "bite me." But then, I have had a rough few weeks at work. :hmm: One should NEVER, EVER, EVER insult a person's spouse, child, or dog. That woman should be ashamed of herself. :nono:

I do concur however sometimes straight talking is the only thing rude and ignorant folk understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I do concur however sometimes straight talking is the only thing rude and ignorant folk understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

soooo true! hier because of the language barrier i cannot retort back as fast as i could. it is also very often that people would give very rude remarks about my boy or the breed. how i answer back depends what nerve they hit. like just last week there was this obnoxious man with 2 huge white german shepherds at the vet's office. he said Bifi looks good...for the breed lol. i ignored it because we were at the vet's, second i was translating in my brain how to say in german: "well looks like someone here needs to go back to kindergarten to learn some manners" then the moment is gone and third i was scared of the 2 huge dogs that can eat Bifi in one sitting.

There's a guy here with a collie mix who keeps saying Bifi is fat. the second or third time he said it, i told him "have you not seen an english bulldog before? maybe you should hit the internet and learn more about the breed" the guy is a prick and i said it so he'll get off my back because i know we will see each other again and i just won't and can't tolerate any idoitic remarks about ANY dogs purebred or not. and oh by the way my boy is not fat...he is just big boned lol.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online