being rude

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Yesterday while at the agility park, this woman turns around and mentions that she use to work for a EB rescue in FL- I told her that she was awesome and has a big heart. I unfortunately have too quick of a temper and couldn't handle seeing a person who mistreats animals. ( blame my dad -little Italian man) she laughs and I go and start to do what I went to the park to do -

she then says to me " his face is strange, his eyes are too separated apart"

I sucked it up (cause I was always told to be respectful to people) and smiled with responding " he's just perfect to me"

When someone says something rude to any of you, how do you respond?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I had a little Italian Mom... I need to ignore and walk away

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I have to do that with Riggins all the time. He is very small. I am so tired of hearing "Was he the runt?" "Why is he so small??" "Is he a mini?" It's annoying. I just try to smile and walk away as well. When really I wanna throw a knuckle sandwich! 👊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's just rude, I agree with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] just ignore and walk away or else i'd probably end up doing something I'd regret.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, people are just rude. Most of the time it's best to just walk away. You just can't fix stupid, not even with duct tape, and arguing with an idiot, just gets you nowhere.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Good grief… I would of just ignored her like she never said anything!!! You can't fix stupid or RUDE!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Why do people always have something to say -usually a criticism. What ever happensed to manners? No one seems to have them anymore. AND everyone is an expert-usually the ones who know the least! The more people I meet, the more I love my dogs!

OP
msericathatcher

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
THANK YOU! I know people are just stupid and can be cruel but at the same time it's like why would you even say something? I do just walk away - cause I know myself and I know that once I get annoyed or pissed .... I can make grown men cry like babies. But I don't! I smile and that's it.
[MENTION=11595]Rigginsluv11[/MENTION] I get the "is he mini?" All the time. I kindly reply he is just fit.

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
That's rude! Once, I had a lady who told me that my bullie is too skinny and she had never see a skinny bulldog before. I looked at her and wanted so badly to tell her that maybe she needs to look in the mirror. My Howie might be able to give her a few tips. But instead, I said that my Howie is healthy and very athletic for a 65 pound bulldog!

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
THANK YOU! I know people are just stupid and can be cruel but at the same time it's like why would you even say something? I do just walk away - cause I know myself and I know that once I get annoyed or pissed .... I can make grown men cry like babies. But I don't! I smile and that's it.
[MENTION=11595]Rigginsluv11[/MENTION] I get the "is he mini?" All the time. I kindly reply he is just fit.

😃 Good for you! My Mom always taught me to be the bigger person. Boy is it tough sometimes! Lol.

Riggins is only 1 so people always guess he is like 6 or 8 months. So when I say 1, that's when they start the comments. He hasn't finished growing. 😡

I like his "pint size". I can snuggle him easier 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
These are a few of my favourites.

Hi Erica, I agree with the others just ignore and walk away. I always get people asking me if Dozer is mixed with a boxer, because he's leaner than his sister, he just has a different body shape. I have even had people fell me Bulldogs are the ugliest dogs they've ever seen. Now that's rude. You really can't fix stupid or ignorance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 141

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
People dont think. I say smartas#* things I would like to say but but it is a 50% chance I would. I would probably gave a dirty look and walked away

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
being Scottish I sort of suffer from touretts at the best of times lol:whistle: -- i would have told her (go) and when she got there to (fk off) some more

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.