Bulldog(s) Names
    Roxie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: being rude

Knee jerk reaction would be

Baxter Tiberius

Quote Originally Posted by msericathatcher View Post
    When someone says something rude to any of you, how do you respond?
    I remind myself that its an indication they have mental problems, and I make myself feel better by reassuring myself that if that nugget came out of their mouth for absolutely no reason, they do much worse on a regular basis and have a rather unhappy life in general. All that shoots through my brain in the split second after the dung is spewed from their mouth, and I walk away feeling sorry for them.

-B-

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjj View Post
    being Scottish I sort of suffer from touretts at the best of times lol[replacer_img] -- i would have told her (go) and when she got there to (fk off) some more
    Ahhh, Jimmy! It must be my Scottish ancestry (McIntoshes, Duncans, and so many more), but I believe my response would have been "bite me." But then, I have had a rough few weeks at work. One should NEVER, EVER, EVER insult a person's spouse, child, or dog. That woman should be ashamed of herself.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Bully Bootie Duty msericathatcher's Avatar
    Real Name
    erica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

@Casper exactly! Bentley is my child.... I just couldn't believe this woman (someone who could have been MY mother) said this!

@AC2115 bahahaha

@baxtertiberus that's what the smile was for to be the bigger better person...

@ChrisRN hope work gets better for ya! She should! And shortly after her comment she left! Something must have registered she was being an a-hole

agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRN View Post
    Ahhh, Jimmy! It must be my Scottish ancestry (McIntoshes, Duncans, and so many more), but I believe my response would have been "bite me." But then, I have had a rough few weeks at work. One should NEVER, EVER, EVER insult a person's spouse, child, or dog. That woman should be ashamed of herself.
    I do concur however sometimes straight talking is the only thing rude and ignorant folk understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjj View Post
    I do concur however sometimes straight talking is the only thing rude and ignorant folk understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    soooo true! hier because of the language barrier i cannot retort back as fast as i could. it is also very often that people would give very rude remarks about my boy or the breed. how i answer back depends what nerve they hit. like just last week there was this obnoxious man with 2 huge white german shepherds at the vet's office. he said Bifi looks good...for the breed lol. i ignored it because we were at the vet's, second i was translating in my brain how to say in german: "well looks like someone here needs to go back to kindergarten to learn some manners" then the moment is gone and third i was scared of the 2 huge dogs that can eat Bifi in one sitting.

There's a guy here with a collie mix who keeps saying Bifi is fat. the second or third time he said it, i told him "have you not seen an english bulldog before? maybe you should hit the internet and learn more about the breed" the guy is a prick and i said it so he'll get off my back because i know we will see each other again and i just won't and can't tolerate any idoitic remarks about ANY dogs purebred or not. and oh by the way my boy is not fat...he is just big boned lol.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I agree with you all, we need to recpect people, but what if this rude woman has never been told that she is rude? Maybe she is also ignorant of the fact and doesn't understand that she's going around hurting peoples feelings. Then she has no way of knowing when to correct the behaviour. I would say:"Sorry, but that is just plain rude" and then walk away.

Real Name
    Desiree
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    General Patton
    Likes (Received)

A lot of people think my baby is a boxer for a couple reasons, none of which I happen to agree with but whatever- 1. because he is brindle and 2. because he is on the taller/lankier side for a bully. Every single time I take him to the vet at least one person tells me what a cute boxer I have. I politely correct them and usually that is the end of story. However what I cannot tolerate is when people say that and I correct them and they ask me if I am sure and if I met the parents!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I did meet my son's parents thank you very much but seriously?! Don't question me and don't judge my dog because of what you think bullys are supposed to look like.

There are many many loving people in this world who were born with patience and understanding. I am not one of those people.

Back of my dog people! I don't remember who it was but I read one of the comments where you can't fix stupid, not even with duct tape.....AMEN!!!
    Proud to be Patton's Mommy.

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pattonsmom View Post
    A lot of people think my baby is a boxer for a couple reasons, none of which I happen to agree with but whatever- 1. because he is brindle and 2. because he is on the taller/lankier side for a bully. Every single time I take him to the vet at least one person tells me what a cute boxer I have. I politely correct them and usually that is the end of story. However what I cannot tolerate is when people say that and I correct them and they ask me if I am sure and if I met the parents!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I did meet my son's parents thank you very much but seriously?! Don't question me and don't judge my dog because of what you think bullys are supposed to look like.

There are many many loving people in this world who were born with patience and understanding. I am not one of those people.

Back of my dog people! I don't remember who it was but I read one of the comments where you can't fix stupid, not even with duct tape.....AMEN!!!
    I agree with this totally. Bless all of you who have patience for stupid things said against your eb but after you keep insisting you know my dog better than I do you deserve what comes out my mouth next. 😠

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

Truth is I would be laying a "smack down" followed by a few choice words lmao! You see I'm not exactly known for my politeness! In all seriousness, I probably really would have told him where to go! Ok it's official I now know I have no manners lmao

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Perhaps this has already been posted but bulldogs are suppose to have eyes well set apart. It's not a flaw, it's how they should look

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 4flowers View Post
    Truth is I would be laying a "smack down" followed by a few choice words lmao! You see I'm not exactly known for my politeness! In all seriousness, I probably really would have told him where to go! Ok it's official I now know I have no manners lmao
    you and me both! Do you think we need help? Lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads