Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: being rude

-image-jpgName:  image.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  8.3 KB-image-jpg
    These are a few of my favourites.

Hi Erica, I agree with the others just ignore and walk away. I always get people asking me if Dozer is mixed with a boxer, because he's leaner than his sister, he just has a different body shape. I have even had people fell me Bulldogs are the ugliest dogs they've ever seen. Now that's rude. You really can't fix stupid or ignorance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

People dont think. I say smartas#* things I would like to say but but it is a 50% chance I would. I would probably gave a dirty look and walked away

I'm a good girl, I promise

agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

being Scottish I sort of suffer from touretts at the best of times lol[replacer_img] -- i would have told her (go) and when she got there to (fk off) some more

agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

i really love this, its going up on my office

-image-jpg

Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

A good friend of mine thinks one of my dogs is ugly/gross and she has said it to me before several times. The reason for this is because she walked him during my wedding and (of course) that one time is when he had a "poop tail" because he ate grass and my friend's husband had to pull it out. ***** like that happens, literally, to all dogs. Ever since then she has called him gross and ugly. She even went as far as bringing it up in front of a bunch of mutual friends at a later date (we were at another friend's destination wedding). The first day I let it slide. The second day she brought it up I said to her that it offends me when she talks about my dog. Although she thinks he is "gross" he's an awesome dog and I'm sorry she is so stuck on one event that she will never see it. She got it instantly and stopped talking about him. Since we are such good friends it wasn't awkward.

Now I say to myself, what would I do when a stranger said the same thing to me - or something offensive about my dog. I would probably respond the same way you did. It was very classy. At the end of the day she is not the person who needs to love your dog, so there is no reason to prove a point to her.
    check us out on Instagram: nu__berry (that's two under scrolls)

Bully Bootie Duty msericathatcher's Avatar
    Real Name
    erica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

@Susie oh my lanta- that's rude too! I get that very often too.... It killllllssss me "aren't bulldogs suppose to be fat?" No- they are not "suppose" to be anything ....Alright maybe a little chubby, chunky, big, healthy, and fluffy but not fat!

@Vikinggirl I loooooovve all these pictures too cute! I'm right now in the process of painting bentley 's area where his apartment (crate- he goes in and out of it as he pleases..usually when he is having a mood or doesn't want to be bothered lol) with a silhouette of a bulldog saying "life is better with a bulldog" I may have to add these quotes to the area hahaha. In my eyes would someone turn around and say to a parent oh do you have to different dads for your kids? Cause they have different body types?? Nooo... How many people would become offended after that?!? Lol

@jimmyjj bahahaha I would love to hear that! My husband's grandmother is Scottish! She can put any tucker driver, sailor, whomever to shame sometimes. Especially if she doesn't like something- she's feisty that's for sure. She always talks to bentley like he is a child and he just tilts his head....I think her accent confuses him.

@nubonics see, friends I can handle... I think you handled that situation perfectly. Hey sometimes we all get dirty bums but it is what it is! At least he didn't rub it all over her OR pee on her!! Bentley leans his body on people when he greets them and everyone always thinks he is gonna pee on them - I always say oh no he isn't - but I know one day I'm gonna say it and bentley will prove me wrong haha. Thank you I tried- he is the my little cuddle bug and that lady has to live only with herself.

I see a lot of dogs during the day- and one guy who walks his cat (I'm a dog walker) and I see some really cute ones and some less then cute ones but I would never comment on it- just because they aren't cute to me doesn't mean that their owner doesn't find them the most adorable thing to walk this planet. I met this one woman one time who came up with her rat terrier and started petting bentley and she asked all about him and I turned around and said oh what kind of dog do you have? She goes " gay dog...my boyfriend got it for me..." And stormed off. I couldn't help but chuckle.

People are just rude & stupid

Bully Bootie Duty msericathatcher's Avatar
    Real Name
    erica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    The more people I meet, the more I love my dogs!
    I couldn't agree with this more

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

-image-jpgHi Erica, I have a picture that says just that, Life is better with a Bulldog, I'll send it to you,
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

True fact... people who act like @sses are usually unhappy. I let them get away with it as long as it doesn't affect me. Nothing annoy a person who makes stupid comments more than getting a positive response Love doing it
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

-angelbabygirl-011-jpg @Petra If people acted like @sses, they would be better off! It's the @sses that act like PEOPLE that are a problem for me!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Manydogs;501545]-angelbabygirl-011-jpg @Petra If people acted like @sses, they would be better off! It's the @sses that act like PEOPLE that are a problem for me!![/QUOT

LOL you are so right and so funny!

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by msericathatcher View Post
    Yesterday while at the agility park, this woman turns around and mentions that she use to work for a EB rescue in FL- I told her that she was awesome and has a big heart. I unfortunately have too quick of a temper and couldn't handle seeing a person who mistreats animals. ( blame my dad -little Italian man) she laughs and I go and start to do what I went to the park to do -

she then says to me " his face is strange, his eyes are too separated apart"

I sucked it up (cause I was always told to be respectful to people) and smiled with responding " he's just perfect to me"

When someone says something rude to any of you, how do you respond?

I'd definitely have to tell her "Your mommy dresses you funny" My Dog is perfect, your on your attire, Have a Nice Day!! Don't talk about my family or kids.... and FYI my dogs are my kids!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads