Has your bulldog ever gave you a fright?

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
In the winter I took diesel round the small boat lake, it was dark and there was about 1" of snow on the ground. The water was dead calm, no one was around so diesel was off the lead. He must not have realised but he walked straight into the water. In the winter he wears the Julius k9 harness because it has reflective strips and a handle on the top, anyways when I fished him out he stank of the dirty water and his breath was taken out of him,

What's your bully done? I am guessing a lot of swallowing stuff ?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh Geez where do I start? Lol.

Dozer: has eaten and swallowed socks 4 times, swallowed a rock, swallowed a dish cloth, and Nerf Bullets.

Blossom: has eaten 7 bags of penny candy in one sitting, vet had to induce vomiting, she got off her collar once, and ran across a very busy road and miraculously there wasn't one car coming in either direction, because it was evening and there was a red light at the top of the street, she just sat and waited for me on the other side, while I had a heart attack as she ran across thinking she was going to get hit by a car. Blossom has eaten a piece of a Kong Wubba, and pooped it out, and she ate a piece of a rubber toy, and threw it up.

I have come to the conclusion that my guys think they are Bully goats and not Bully dogs.

bryanmetzger

May 6, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus / Rocco / Lola
In the winter I took diesel round the small boat lake, it was dark and there was about 1" of snow on the ground. The water was dead calm, no one was around so diesel was off the lead. He must not have realised but he walked straight into the water. In the winter he wears the Julius k9 harness because it has reflective strips and a handle on the top, anyways when I fished him out he stank of the dirty water and his breath was taken out of him,

What's your bully done? I am guessing a lot of swallowing stuff ?

Similiar situation... Rocco jumped in a algae infested swamp pond filled with snapping turtles while we were out searching for new photoshoot locations. He started going under a bridge and I had to jump in after him. Luckily I dropped my camera prior to the jump but I had my phone in my pocket. My wife had to give us both a backyard bath before letting us in the house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Oh Geez where do I start? Lol.

Dozer: has eaten and swallowed socks 4 times, swallowed a rock, swallowed a dish cloth, and Nerf Bullets.

Blossom: has eaten 7 bags of penny candy in one sitting, vet had to induce vomiting, she got off her collar once, and ran across a very busy road and miraculously there wasn't one car coming in either direction, because it was evening and there was a red light at the top of the street, she just sat and waited for me on the other side, while I had a heart attack as she ran across thinking she was going to get hit by a car. Blossom has eaten a piece of a Kong Wubba, and pooped it out, and she ate a piece of a rubber toy, and threw it up.

I have come to the conclusion that my guys think they are Bully goats and not Bully dogs.

lol lol , bulldozer & blossom are a proper hand full

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG where do I begin?!!

Bella swallowed starfish, a LIVE baby bird, and almost choked to death on a rawhide!!! She also ran out in front of a bus, so help me GOD… I miss her, but I swear she was on a mission to give me a damn heart attack!!! :yell:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Similiar situation... Rocco jumped in a algae infested swamp pond filled with snapping turtles while we were out searching for new photoshoot locations. He started going under a bridge and I had to jump in after him. Luckily I dropped my camera prior to the jump but I had my phone in my pocket. My wife had to give us both a backyard bath before letting us in the house

OMG that's pretty bad, was he going after the turtles?!! LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nothing anywhere near why you all have experienced.... my guys are boring compared to this

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well Lucy slipped out of her collar once and took off running down the road toward a busy intersection. I was yelling at her to stop. as I could just see her getting run over. She stopped just short of the intersection and then turned, sat down and looked at me like to say :What!!!!"

Then BeBe chocked on her kibble once and I had to clear her throat, as she could not breath. I'm just glad I was right there. After that we always watch them eat, to make sure that doesn't happen again with no one watching.

bryanmetzger

May 6, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus / Rocco / Lola
I'm pretty sure he thought it was still grass [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] it was completely green on top

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
A few years ago we were visiting my mother in Indiana..while we were sitting at the lake Fatso ran up on her neighbors patio and when I called for him to come back instead of walking back down the steps he jumped off the side into a large pile of landscaping boulders on an incline..I couldn't breathe for a minute, sure the he had broken his legs but he was fine..

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
We should write a book. A day in the life of the bulldog. A breed like no other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Nothing anywhere near why you all have experienced.... my guys are boring compared to this

same here...your dogs have lots of adventure lol. compared to mine, mine is leading a boring life lol.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.