Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 18

Thread: Has your bulldog ever gave you a fright?

  1. #1
    agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    jimmyjj's Avatar
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Location
    A Scottish guy living in England
    Posts
    2,715
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)
    475

    Default Has your bulldog ever gave you a fright?

    In the winter I took diesel round the small boat lake, it was dark and there was about 1" of snow on the ground. The water was dead calm, no one was around so diesel was off the lead. He must not have realised but he walked straight into the water. In the winter he wears the Julius k9 harness because it has reflective strips and a handle on the top, anyways when I fished him out he stank of the dirty water and his breath was taken out of him,

    What's your bully done? I am guessing a lot of swallowing stuff ?

  2. #2
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,636
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2118

    Default Re: Has your bulldog ever gave you a fright?

    Oh Geez where do I start? Lol.

    Dozer: has eaten and swallowed socks 4 times, swallowed a rock, swallowed a dish cloth, and Nerf Bullets.

    Blossom: has eaten 7 bags of penny candy in one sitting, vet had to induce vomiting, she got off her collar once, and ran across a very busy road and miraculously there wasn't one car coming in either direction, because it was evening and there was a red light at the top of the street, she just sat and waited for me on the other side, while I had a heart attack as she ran across thinking she was going to get hit by a car. Blossom has eaten a piece of a Kong Wubba, and pooped it out, and she ate a piece of a rubber toy, and threw it up.

    I have come to the conclusion that my guys think they are Bully goats and not Bully dogs.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  3. #3
    Pooper scooper bryanmetzger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bryan Metzger
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    28
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufus / Rocco / Lola
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Has your bulldog ever gave you a fright?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjj View Post
    In the winter I took diesel round the small boat lake, it was dark and there was about 1" of snow on the ground. The water was dead calm, no one was around so diesel was off the lead. He must not have realised but he walked straight into the water. In the winter he wears the Julius k9 harness because it has reflective strips and a handle on the top, anyways when I fished him out he stank of the dirty water and his breath was taken out of him,

    What's your bully done? I am guessing a lot of swallowing stuff ?
    Similiar situation... Rocco jumped in a algae infested swamp pond filled with snapping turtles while we were out searching for new photoshoot locations. He started going under a bridge and I had to jump in after him. Luckily I dropped my camera prior to the jump but I had my phone in my pocket. My wife had to give us both a backyard bath before letting us in the house



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    jimmyjj's Avatar
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Location
    A Scottish guy living in England
    Posts
    2,715
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)
    475

    Default Re: Has your bulldog ever gave you a fright?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Oh Geez where do I start? Lol.

    Dozer: has eaten and swallowed socks 4 times, swallowed a rock, swallowed a dish cloth, and Nerf Bullets.

    Blossom: has eaten 7 bags of penny candy in one sitting, vet had to induce vomiting, she got off her collar once, and ran across a very busy road and miraculously there wasn't one car coming in either direction, because it was evening and there was a red light at the top of the street, she just sat and waited for me on the other side, while I had a heart attack as she ran across thinking she was going to get hit by a car. Blossom has eaten a piece of a Kong Wubba, and pooped it out, and she ate a piece of a rubber toy, and threw it up.

    I have come to the conclusion that my guys think they are Bully goats and not Bully dogs.
    lol lol , bulldozer & blossom are a proper hand full

  5. #5
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,725
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5568

    Default Re: Has your bulldog ever gave you a fright?

    OMG where do I begin?!!

    Bella swallowed starfish, a LIVE baby bird, and almost choked to death on a rawhide!!! She also ran out in front of a bus, so help me GOD… I miss her, but I swear she was on a mission to give me a damn heart attack!!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  6. #6
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,725
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5568

    Default Re: Has your bulldog ever gave you a fright?

    Quote Originally Posted by bryanmetzger View Post
    Similiar situation... Rocco jumped in a algae infested swamp pond filled with snapping turtles while we were out searching for new photoshoot locations. He started going under a bridge and I had to jump in after him. Luckily I dropped my camera prior to the jump but I had my phone in my pocket. My wife had to give us both a backyard bath before letting us in the house



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OMG that's pretty bad, was he going after the turtles?!! LOL

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  7. #7
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,160
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11490

    Default Re: Has your bulldog ever gave you a fright?

    Nothing anywhere near why you all have experienced.... my guys are boring compared to this
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  8. #8
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Davidh's Avatar
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    13,246
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)
    1556

    Default Re: Has your bulldog ever gave you a fright?

    Well Lucy slipped out of her collar once and took off running down the road toward a busy intersection. I was yelling at her to stop. as I could just see her getting run over. She stopped just short of the intersection and then turned, sat down and looked at me like to say :What!!!!"

    Then BeBe chocked on her kibble once and I had to clear her throat, as she could not breath. I'm just glad I was right there. After that we always watch them eat, to make sure that doesn't happen again with no one watching.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie


  9. #9
    Pooper scooper bryanmetzger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bryan Metzger
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    28
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufus / Rocco / Lola
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Has your bulldog ever gave you a fright?

    I'm pretty sure he thought it was still grass @ddnene it was completely green on top


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Bully Bootie Duty Julzz9170's Avatar
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    New jersey
    Posts
    173
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fatso, Romeo
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Has your bulldog ever gave you a fright?

    A few years ago we were visiting my mother in Indiana..while we were sitting at the lake Fatso ran up on her neighbors patio and when I called for him to come back instead of walking back down the steps he jumped off the side into a large pile of landscaping boulders on an incline..I couldn't breathe for a minute, sure the he had broken his legs but he was fine..

  11. #11

    Default Re: Has your bulldog ever gave you a fright?

    Lola ate a tube sock and passed it. She slipped her collar by a busy street once.
    Princess Lola and the Pea , ACGC, CGC, Registered Therapy Dog through Therapy Dogs Incorporated.

  12. #12
    agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    jimmyjj's Avatar
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Location
    A Scottish guy living in England
    Posts
    2,715
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)
    475

    Default Re: Has your bulldog ever gave you a fright?

    We should write a book. A day in the life of the bulldog. A breed like no other


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •