Couple of questions...???

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
image.jpgHey guys so I have a question regarding duke- he gets so excited when we go places- park, vet, anywhere that's outside of his normal "neighborhood area". He gets so excited he will give himself the runs- for example last week we went to get his nails clipped- it was taking forever finally duke and the tech emerge from the back- only to find out they had to give him a bath because he gave himself the runs and had an accident- later that evening dukes stool was normal again. Sunday we went to a new park - duke had the runs- later that evening it was normal again- also when he gets really excited when he sees other dogs he will start to scratch off like a bull would do- are these normal behaviors? Anyone have any experience? Duchess doesn't do this at all?

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The only thing I can think of is maybe try taking him out more to get him used to going out, and maybe he won't get so excited. Plus you can try Rescue Remedy for Dogs and see if that helps.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I have had experience with this with my male Bulldozer, he is very skittish, and is afraid of a lot of things, and he has the same thing happen to him, if he gets scared or over excited. Dozer doesn't like to walk beside the road, because the sound of the traffic whooshing by scares him, so if we are on a lover walk, he will have a soft poop, or a couple of times when we went to Petsmart, and there has been a lot of people petting him, he gets excited and he will have a bit of a mushy poop, then later on when we get back home, his poop is normal again.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I do take him to as many new places as possible- how about the scratching off when he sees other dogs? Like a bull getting ready to charge- lol

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
I do take him to as many new places as possible- how about the scratching off when he sees other dogs? Like a bull getting ready to charge- lol

He's placing his scent down - bentley does that when we are in "his" park where we play fetch- if a human or a human and pup enter he quickly drops low and pees while staring at them and kicks.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online