dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
@kazzy220 don't feel bad, all a bulldog ever really needs to know how to do is look cute. I have yet to meet one that can't do that.

Last edited:

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
Im teaching Layla to play patty-cake. She gets half way throught and looks at me like "where is my treat????" I do realize that would be to "girly" for Dozer. I would love to see a bully do push-ups! Thats just too cool. :up:

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], that makes so much sense, I will try cheese or a piece of meat next time, why didn't I think of using that instead of a **** baby carrot?? No wonder he won't!!
HAHAHAHA omg, that was so funny. :)

**sigh** you are all putting Daddy to shame. He will sit ...... and that's it. We decided from an early age that Daddy is one sandwich short of a picnic .... :whistle:
but he is so cute!

i want to train butler to do stuff. he sits, lays down, and rings a bell to go outside. [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] what steps did you take to teach them to close doors and "put your nose in the corner"?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by kazzy220
**sigh** you are all putting Daddy to shame. He will sit ...... and that's it. We decided from an early age that Daddy is one sandwich short of a picnic .... :whistle:

but he is so cute!

[MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] Yes he is indeed a male Bullie-Vogue model .. pretty to look at but don't expect to have any intelligent interaction between you!! :lol:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
All I did was use a treat and a clicker. Each time Vegas put his nose in the corner (where the treat was) I clicked and gave it to him. I literally was able to teach him this trick in 5 minutes. It took me 6 weeks to get him to roll over. The door was the same. I put the treat on the door and each time he touched his nose on it he got the treat and a click. He put two and two together and came up with four all on his own.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
@sheila i did the same. I used a clicker to teach him to shut the door. he touched it , I clicked . i taught Dozer a little different though. He closes doors by jumpng on them. I just moved the treat higher and higer until he jumped and the door closed. @Libra926 i started trying to teach Dozer to roll over yesterday and it didn't go very well at all. Glad im not the only one with this problem. He just kept looking at me with the what the h do you want me to do woman look Give me that treat! Poor guy

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION]
When Vegas performed his rollover trick in class...the instructor was surprised. Bulldogs have a hard time rolling over, due to the way their bodies and weight are. Her bulldog knows every trick in the book, but rolling over. She taught him"show me your belly" instead.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Thats what i thought about Dozer then I saw him doing several barrel rools across the room at daycare and figured he should be able to

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.