What to teach Dozer next?

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Will you PLEASE come and train Vegas, he will sit, lay, and....well that's about it and it is ONLY if he wants to or a treat is involved! No shake, no high five and I have worked for months with him, treat involved and all, I get a shake once out of about 10 tries!

Don't feel bad..Chester can do all that fancy stuff.. but he won't walk on a leash :curse:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] the skateboarding thing seems great except 1 I can't skateboard so does that make me unqualified? 2 the overbearing mother part of me worries he will get hurt lol . I may just try it when there is no snow on the ground. [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I would love too. I have yet to meet a dog I couldn't train. I work at a dog daycare and we take in the whole gamete of foster dogs. So I kind of had an unfair advantage at the start. Is it warm where you are because if so Dozer and I are packing our bags asap.

[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION], you and Dozer are welcome at any time, it has been in the 70's, New Year's day we had to have the air on!
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], that makes so much sense, I will try cheese or a piece of meat next time, why didn't I think of using that instead of a **** baby carrot?? No wonder he won't!!

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=1505]2bulliefamily[/MENTION] swim? i thought bullies couldn't swim.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] i'm on my way lol and also i don't think i would do very much for a carrot either lol

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] you know that is what we always heard until we saw a Utube video of a bully swimming! At that time Lola was a little over 1 and we hated keeping her in the house while we were outside so she gradually made her way in the pool and we decided to see what would happen and she did it! She swam from the steps to the end of the shallow end turned around and went back up the steps. She loves it! Now that she has a life jacket (just got that this past year) she can stay in there for a while and loves going to each of us to see what we are doing. What is more fun is watching her stick her head under the water to get a dive stick! She can only do that on the stairs but she will stick her head all the way under the water grab it and come back up. Scared us the 1st time but she was fine. It is so funny! We got a video last year of it so will need to find it and post. Most videos we took with our phone. I will definatley get a good one this year and post.

goggle swimming bulldog..they are funny to watch!

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
@2bulliefamily I have a pool and would love to try this, witha life jacket of course but well to put it as politely as possible does she ever potty in the pool ? That would def keep me from letting him in!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION], you and Dozer are welcome at any time, it has been in the 70's, New Year's day we had to have the air on!
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], that makes so much sense, I will try cheese or a piece of meat next time, why didn't I think of using that instead of a **** baby carrot?? No wonder he won't!!

Her Royal Highness doesn't like carrots or green beans. I don't think we could even get her to sit (the ONLY thing she does on command for a treat) with those.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] actually no, at least not that we can tell or know. What we do know, is that Lola gets out frequently to use the potty. It's funny because she gets out so quickly pees and runs back over, like she is missing something. We got our life vest from outward bound or outward hound something like that, will have to find the link. It did okay until my son thought it would be funny to try and pick her up with the handle and throw her in, well it tore the vest around the handle so got mildew in it and at the end of the season we ditched it. I can't wait to see what Brodie does and how well he will take to the pool.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
lex can swim to if he has his life jacket on we cant get him out of the water we have to go in after him lol... i would love to see the puch up video too

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Certain bullie rescue organizations won't even take your application for a rescue if your pool/pond isn't fenced. We know... been there. Gracie, just a few days after she moved here, jumped into our pond. I immediately jumped in to grab her but she was dog paddling so she at least had the right idea about swimming. I didn't give her a chance to actually swim tho cuz it scared the crap out of me. Next day I fenced the pond! :)

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] Thank to that adorabull video of vegas closing the door. I taught dozer that trick last night . It is awesome thanks so much for the inspiration!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] Thank to that adorabull video of vegas closing the door. I taught dozer that trick last night . It is awesome thanks so much for the inspiration!

And the video is where??????????????? HUH? HUH?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION]
Just be careful with this......Vegas will close the fridge and pantry when someone is standing there!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
**sigh** you are all putting Daddy to shame. He will sit ...... and that's it. We decided from an early age that Daddy is one sandwich short of a picnic .... :whistle:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online