Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Don't forget to retain an enormous amount of patience :yes: You may need it, especially when teething!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
NuVet Plus daily supplements, chewable wafers, once a day to keep your Bully Healthy. Go to www.nuvet.com or call 1-800-474-7044 I bet you cannot wait until Friday to get Your Precious Baby.:boogie:

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I would just add I scented baby wipes to wipe the nose rope, tear stains, chin, ears, in between toes, tail/tail pocket and all other wrinkles and some tennis balls. 😃 CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I would just add I scented baby wipes to wipe the nose rope, tear stains, chin, ears, in between toes, tail/tail pocket and all other wrinkles and some tennis balls. 😃 CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

That was supposed to say UNSCENTED...sorry! 😊

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
Pee pads
pet insurance ( it helped me when Howie accidentally swallowed a foreign object when he was 3 months old)
bitter apple spray bottle ( to prevent your bully from chewing on your precious furniture sand cabinets)
pet proof your kitchen by locking the cabinet that contains cleaning solutions
pet gates to prevent him from chewing everything and/or peeing everywhere
desensitize spray bottle to get rid of the accidents smell
or yes, a nice digital camera!

and of course patience and lots of that!
Enjoy and good luck and have fun :)

Peter Lynn Westre

May 9, 2014
The best gift is your time to build a partnership.

A good puppy socialization book.

Enroll pup in puppy kindergarten

AKC Star Puppy classes

Canine good citizen classes

Community Canine class

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
For house breaking, I would completely recommend crate training.

However, we didn't use a crate because it was too hot in CA when we got him so he was overheating in the crate, so we needed to housebreak him using pee pads. If you're going to use pee pads, I would suggest getting a hard plastic baby pool to lay them in, especially if you have carpets. those plastic trays that are made for the pads don't really do the trick - I found that he always missed the tray. with the pool he had to get into it to use it. Curly learned how to jump in and out of the pool and do his business in there. then we took the pool and left if outside (we have a back deck) and he learned to go out back. This is how his breeder started him and it was such an easy way to house break him. He was fully housebroken by 16 wks.

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
image.jpg

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Pee pads
pet insurance ( it helped me when Howie accidentally swallowed a foreign object when he was 3 months old)
bitter apple spray bottle ( to prevent your bully from chewing on your precious furniture sand cabinets)
pet proof your kitchen by locking the cabinet that contains cleaning solutions
pet gates to prevent him from chewing everything and/or peeing everywhere
desensitize spray bottle to get rid of the accidents smell
or yes, a nice digital camera!

and of course patience and lots of that!
Enjoy and good luck and have fun :)

PET INSURANCE from the beginning is a great suggestion! I wish I would have gotten insurance the day I brought Rigs home. 😃

OP
G

gjboor89

May 19, 2014
Beaumont Texas
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
undecided
we were not planning on doing crate training with him, we have a tiled laundry room with a baby gate to keep him in at night and during the day when when someone is not home. always worked for our other dogs. after doing some reading i think we may give the crate training a try and see if he gets house broken a little quicker :). who do you use for pet insurance?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online