What is the best food I can buy for my english bulldog puppy and when she is an adult?

Erick Romero

Apr 29, 2014
9ypajery.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Cute puppy. On our home page to the right is a learning center. It has a couple different articles about how to choose foods , top foods ranked and understanding ingredients. But for a quick answer Fromm is recommended around here a lot.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Eric, dog food choices are a very individual thing, as every dog and especially EB's are different. Many EB's are allergic or sensitive to chicken, salmon and grains. Finding a good quality dog food that your bully both likes and tolerates can sometimes be a frustrating process. Its usually by trial and error. We had to switch our guys food 4 times due to Blossoms allergies. She is allergic to chicken, salmon, corn and grains. When choosing a dog food, you want to choose a food thats rated at a 4 Star or better. You can read the Dog Food ratings on the Home Forum on this site. Examples of 4 to 6 Star foods are Wellness, Orejen, Arcana, Blue Buffalo, Go Natural, and Fromm's. Many members, including us feed their EB's Fromm's Beef Frittata, my guys have been on this food for 2 years and are doing really well.

How old is your Puppy? You want to feed a puppy formula to your puppy until he is 6 or 7 months old. A puppy needs the extra calories, vitamins and minerals that puppy food provides for the rapid growth and development of a puppy. When your puppy, is about 6 or 7 months, you can switch him to an adult formula dog food. We also give our guys natural treats such as fruits like cut up apples, bananas, strawberries, watermelon, blueberries, we give them veggies like cooked green beans, broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower, and we give them peanut butter, cheese strings, and the occasional hard boiled egg. Our guys get plain unsweetened yogurt on their morning kibble for the probiotics and digestion, probiotics are good for boosting the immune system, which helps with fighting infections, parasites, and allergy symptoms. and they get salmon oil on their evening kibble for the Omega Oils which are good for the skin and fur. Our guys also get 1 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar in their drinking water everyday. ACV is a natural anti inflammatory, it kills the bad bacteria in the body, so boosts the immune system, and it balances the Ph levels of the blood.

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I'll let the more experienced ones answer. Just wanted to say CUTE!!!! 😃

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We feed our pups FROMM Puppy Gold, and when they are about 7 months of age we will switch them to adult food (FROMM 4 Star)

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I will just add that Rigs was on Fromm and I switched him to Canidae but just switched him back to Fromm. It's excellent. 😊

OP
Erick Romero

Erick Romero

Apr 29, 2014
I love these forums!!! Thanks everyone.

OP
Erick Romero

Erick Romero

Apr 29, 2014
Hi Eric, dog food choices are a very individual thing, as every dog and especially EB's are different. Many EB's are allergic or sensitive to chicken, salmon and grains. Finding a good quality dog food that your bully both likes and tolerates can sometimes be a frustrating process. Its usually by trial and error. We had to switch our guys food 4 times due to Blossoms allergies. She is allergic to chicken, salmon, corn and grains. When choosing a dog food, you want to choose a food thats rated at a 4 Star or better. You can read the Dog Food ratings on the Home Forum on this site. Examples of 4 to 6 Star foods are Wellness, Orejen, Arcana, Blue Buffalo, Go Natural, and Fromm's. Many members, including us feed their EB's Fromm's Beef Frittata, my guys have been on this food for 2 years and are doing really well.

How old is your Puppy? You want to feed a puppy formula to your puppy until he is 6 or 7 months old. A puppy needs the extra calories, vitamins and minerals that puppy food provides for the rapid growth and development of a puppy. When your puppy, is about 6 or 7 months, you can switch him to an adult formula dog food. We also give our guys natural treats such as fruits like cut up apples, bananas, strawberries, watermelon, blueberries, we give them veggies like cooked green beans, broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower, and we five them peanut butter, cheese strings, and the occasional hard boiled egg. Our guys get plain unsweetened yogurt on their morning kibble for the probiotics and digestion, probiotics are good for boosting the immune system, which helps with fighting infections, parasites, and allergy symptoms. and they get salmon oil on their evening kibble for the Omega Oils which are good for the skin and fur. Our guys also get 1 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar in their drinking water everyday. ACV is a natural anti inflammatory, it kills the bad bacteria in the body, so boosts the immune system, and it balances the Ph levels of the blood.

Wow!!! Very helpful information. I will be sure to try a few of these with my EB and see if she likes them.

Peter Lynn Westre

May 9, 2014
Buy the best food you can afford.

Grain free.

I personally like Natural Balance. It is limited ingredient, very palatable, works well as a training treat, and works well for filling kong toys.

Several of the Natural Balance foods are lifespan foods.

Peter Lynn Westre

May 9, 2014
We fed puppy food for 6 months and then a 50/50 blend of adult/puppy food for another 6 months.

I use string cheese for training treats, feed leftover vegetables to Lola. She also gets to clean up the cat food cans for the omega fatty acids. (She also likes the fish based foods.)

Frankly she has done well on every high quality dog food I have tried. I didn't like Bil Jack because she had excessively dry stools.

Most Reactions