Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Official..

Crazy Bulldog Lady IPickedADaisy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Default It's Official..

..I'm a crazy bulldog lady.
    I adopted/rescued a bulldog last Thursday. I found him on Craigslist for $300! His new name is Roscoe & he is 5 years old and has had at least 2 owners. He is 79.8 lbs. Thatís the biggest bulldog Iíve encountered & more than I really wanted but once I saw him I knew I had to save him. The owner said he had him for about 1 Ĺ years & that heíd been an outside dog. I asked how he does in the heat because for the 3 days prior temperatures had reached almost 100 degrees in our area. He nonchalantly tells me oh if itís hot my mom hoses them off. Well I can tell you from how dusty he was that he has not been hosed off lately. I checked him out as best I could and figured heíd have some health issues. Ears & eye were what really stood out as needing attention. After I paid the owner, he hands me the leash & says thanks. Not so much as a goodbye to the dog.
    I brought him home and rinsed him off outside real good. I hung out there with him and all he wanted was attention. He slept in the garage with the fan on & access to side yard.

The next day we spent 2 Ĺ hours at the vet & then I took him to the groomer for a thorough bath & nail clipping. He has chronic untreated ear infections, entropian, and what seems like a tumor on his testicle. Appointment for neuter & entropian surgeries are Wed.

He is a big boy but is a super love bug & wants to be in my lap constantly. He doesnít seem to know how to play with toys or chase balls. I gave him a chew bone & he took it nicely but he wonít sit & chew it. He also has no interest in treats which is quite the opposite of what Iím used to with Daisy. Itís also quite obvious he has never been indoors so we have some work on his manners. If anybody has any tips on teaching him not to mark his territory in the houseÖ.
    I introduced him to Daisy on Sat and they are doing good. Still learning each other & I donít leave them unsupervised together.
    Iím excited we were able to rescue him. His life is going to be so different!

Pic 1 Covered in dust:
    -riverbank1-jpg

He cleaned up well. Look at the size difference between the 2!
    -img_3838-jpg
    Want to see more of me? Follow me on Instagram @DaisyMaeHambone

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: It's Official..

Omg just adorable. He is so big compared to your other dog. Just so handsome though. From your story of how you picked him up yes you can tell he was not cared for at all. Who doesn't say bye to a dog they have had for a year and a half. Wow well from his smile you can tell he is very happy now. 😆

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi Sue, congratulations on your new baby Roscoe, and bless you for rescuing him and giving him a better life. I hope Daisy and Roscoe continue to get along, and they become best buds. So glad he's getting vet treatment, and I'm sure with TLC, love and patience with you, he will learn to trust, and will learn how to play, he's probably used to being left alone outside and no human contact or love and attention, he will come around. Please keep us posted, and share lots of pictures.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Aww what a sweet baby… Congratulations and Thank Goodness you saved him!!! I can't figure out why people sell dogs on Craigslist anymore… Sending big hugs and prayers for his surgery on Wed, and obviously he will have some adjustments to deal with. Please keep us posted, and I will tag some people dealing w/rescues and introducing them to other bullies...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Crazy Bulldog Lady IPickedADaisy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Aww what a sweet baby… Congratulations and Thank Goodness you saved him!!! I can't figure out why people sell dogs on Craigslist anymore… Sending big hugs and prayers for his surgery on Wed, and obviously he will have some adjustments to deal with. Please keep us posted, and I will tag some people dealing w/rescues and introducing them to other bullies...
    I’d appreciate any help for sure. I read up on introductions and did a lot of planning.
    I brought him home Thursday night and put him in the garage. I did a lot to make sure they smelled each other prior to meeting. I brought the blanket he sat on in the car inside for Daisy to sniff. I gave him one of her old beds to lay on. When he was at the groomers Friday I took her out to the garage to sniff around. We have a security camera in the garage & I set it so she could see him. She’d sit & watch intently. I made sure when I went out to play with him I was in camera range. On Sat I had my son come visit & take Roscoe outside. Then I brought Daisy out to garage one more time to check it out. Then we walked to the park with my son & Roscoe following about Ĺ block behind us. When they arrived at the park the dogs greeted each other & visited about 20 minutes. Then we all walked home together, went in through the garage & through the house to the backyard. After a few minutes we took them off leash one at a time. I let them play about an hour each time & then putting him in the garage for now so they can both get some rest from each other. I think the slow introduction is working for us. I’m fortunate enough to have a job I can take time off to do this properly.
    Any other suggestions are more than welcome!
    Want to see more of me? Follow me on Instagram @DaisyMaeHambone

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Congratulations on your new baby boy! And he is very handsome indeed! Bless people like you who open their home to sweet souls like him. For that kudos to you and thank you. Curse the old owners for treating him the way they did!

you're doing a great job introducing him to Daisy. Hope everything goes well on wednesday. Will keep you guys in my thoughts.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Congrats on your new boy. He looks like he has Olde English in him, or he is full Olde English, one or the other. He is a handsome boy for sure. Sounds like you are doing a good job of introducing them and hope it keeps going well. Once he is neutered, that will help with the marking in the house. Go back to basic with him on house training and he will get it before you know it.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

What a great thing! Roscoe is big beauty!! Congratulations on your new boy.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Congrats on your big boy~!!! He is awesome, and bless you for rescuing him from a rough life!

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Congrats!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Wow Roscoe is a handsome boy. Thank you for giving him a chance at a good life. Sounds to me like you have everything under control.
    My smooshy face boy!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

FANTASTIC.... thank you so much for saving this boy from that life! He is in for much better days!

You are doing a great job with the introductions...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads