It's Official..

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
you are a beautiful person and you have a perfect new addition! I'm jealous of your crazy bulldog lady status. Congratulations! <3 sending happy thoughts your way

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
BLESS YOUR HEART for saving this baby. I love Daisy and i'm so happy she has a brother!!!! I can't wait to hear about this boy's personality.
When we first got Brutus we had to leave him on his leash at all times just until he learned his boundaries and what we expect out of him. He did great with that because he has never been told NO or taught any manners at all. We don't use NO, we use an "acckkk" sound for him.
We are still working daily with him but he adjusted so well. He's still learning how to play nice with Ruthie. We don't play toys in the house only outside.
Brutus marked in the house at first, but we took him out constantly, i'm talking every hour or half hour. I think he's finally over that stage.
Ruthie was a puppy mill dog and thought it was acceptable to go anywhere. Be patient, it took us a long time with Ruthie to get over that. Make sure that when he goes out to potty you praise him with treats and love, he will get the association that pottying outside is a good thing.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
oh wow! that is such a great story to come on here and read. thanks for saving that handsome bully! i love stories like this :] and he looks very happy

OP
IPickedADaisy

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
Congrats on your new boy. He looks like he has Olde English in him, or he is full Olde English, one or the other. He is a handsome boy for sure. Sounds like you are doing a good job of introducing them and hope it keeps going well. Once he is neutered, that will help with the marking in the house. Go back to basic with him on house training and he will get it before you know it.

Supposedly he is a registered pure bred English Bulldog but--they gave me a copy of his registration & pedigree info & it is not AKC. It is through America's Pet Registry. I had never heard of them & did a little research. Apparently they are used by breeders who for some reason cannot register their litter with AKC. Often used by puppy mills. He was shipped from MO to CA as a puppy. Then apparently sold to this guy (unless there were other owners in between). I figure original owners bought a new puppy & then he grew up into a much bigger boy than they wanted. Poor guy that's not his fault.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
You are amazing. It's official !! You have a new title, lol! [MENTION=8562]IPickedADaisy[/MENTION]

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
That is so awesome!!!! Thank you from one bulldog lover to another. I live in Florida and my bully can't be outside too long, it is just too hot. The guy you got him from must have been a real piece of work. I can't stand people like that. Bullies are so loveable and don't deserve that kind of treatment. Ok. Enough of that. Good luck with your new BIG baby.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.