How do you cool your bully down in summer time

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
When real bad... the pups are only out for potty. But, when warm but tolerable, we turn on the sprinkler on the hose and let them play and fill a baby pool to keep them cool

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Lately it has been 105 here and I take her out for potty and bring her back in. Sometimes I'll let her run in water or get a wash cloth run it in cold water and place it on her or let her lay on it.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
During the heat of the day it is out for potty and back in withing a few minutes. When the sun goes down I will fill up her kiddie pool and let her play in it for a few minutes each day. Other than that it is inside in the ac for her.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I do the same as Christine. If they are outside i completely wet them down the whole time they are out. Early morning or evening is best. During the height of the day they are inside cooling themselves in the AC.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I do the same as Yvette, soak towels and put them on him. But to really cool him down fast we give him ice cream and /or ice cubes, he LOVES it and it cools him down pretty quick.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
When it is hot here, we only go for longer walks early in the morning, and after dinner hour in the evening. Otherwise during the heat of day, they only go out to potty, then they bask in the air conditioning.

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
Keep my little guy inside with AC. Or the pool under shade. He also love when I give him frozen wash cloths. I tie a knot and wet it then put in freezer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
We do ice cream . Icebcubes , thinking of trying frozen fruit ??!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
We don't have the summer weather here yet but have made Bifi completely wet a couple of times now if the temperature goes 23 C and ice cubes. His frozen food also helps him cool down. This week its predicted to be getting at around 28-30C. Im pretty sure there would be no walks and play for him during those intense heat.

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Bentley loves to play outside - playing inside is not the same as being outside. I wake up at 0500 when it's still significantly cooler here and we play fetch until I say it's time to go inside. I take his little baby pool out to cool down or I take him over to the ocean so he can play. He has a cooling mat and a cooling towel. But generally he sleeps from 9 am when I leave till 3 when I return home. He has zero desire to be outside if it's hot lol

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
We do ice cream . Icebcubes , thinking of trying frozen fruit ??!

We give them ice cubes when they show sign's of getting to hot and then right back into the AC.
I like the idea of frozen fruit will have to try that, thanks jimmy. I have been mixing two parts organic pineapplejuice to one part water and freeze that for them.

IMG_1464 (800x450).jpg

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Meatball has a baby pool that we fill up. Sometimes I throw ice cubes in it when it's really hot! Other than that I keep in mostly indoors when weather is too hot.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
We play lots of "Hose", "dog pool" and "big pool" at our house. I make them "bully beef balls" also which are just ice balls with beef broth in them. During the height of the day they are in the house at the window begging to be outside with us. Ruthie gets in her big girl float and floats around the pool with me. I'm anxious to see how brutus does since he doesn't really care for water.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.