Male or Female?

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
So we are thinking of getting a new baby this year. MooShi is 17 months now and I think she needs a sibling besides her 15 year old skin sister.My question is would it be wiser to get a male or another female?I prefer another female but I have heard that there could be problems with 2 female bullys . Is that true or just a mith.Any suggestions?:confused:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Well...I wanted another male. We already had Vegas and I thought getting another male would be perfect. Vegas is not aggressive or in any way Alpha. But, things didn't work out and our potential male puppy passed away. So, we took the sole survivor of the litter...Orion. It would have been more peaceful in the house with two fighting males. J/K. I guess it really depends on Mooshi. How is she around other dogs? Gerie and Ida are sister of the same age and (I believe) get along great. [MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION] has two boys and although baby T is a terror (just cause he's a baby bully) he gets along good with his brother for the most part. I believe it really depends on the nature of puppy 1 and new puppy 2. Don't choose a puppy that is likely to get kicked out of puppy daycare after 15 minutes. She may be too much for Mooshi to handle.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Yes, as long as you get a puppy, you'll probably be fine. I have two males and they are loving and affectionate brothers...two peas in a pod, truly! They snuggle and play together all the time. I had my oldest one now and another male before that and were also very good together, although not as close due to a more aloof personality in my original bully. They are wonderful dogs in pairs!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Gertie and Ida are inseparable, they are very close in age, but not litter mates. They really do love being together tho.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree getting a pup you should be fine either way. When we got Mugsy Cutty wasnt neutered yet and my neighbor laughed at me for having 2 males un-neutered in the house and they have been bestest brothers since day 1. They are both neutered now and I am sure that does help keep the peace but they get along as good as if not better than I could have hoped. They have tiffs every once in a while but I separate them for a minute or so to calm down and that is it, done. Now for us the 3rd would be my concern at this point since both my boys are 4 and 5 years old but again I think if we got a puppy either would be ok even for us. Someday.....

OP
Tracey

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Thanks for the advice.Mooshi is pretty laid back with other dogs ,just cries to go play.If anything maybe jealous cause she is very spoiled and attached to me.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I have a 9yo female, Abby and Bella is a 1yo female. The breeder said that females may not get along very well, but they do. They have their moments just like any other siblings. We also have a 10yo female Malanois and a 12 yo female cat. They all co-exist nicely

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.