brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Well it's been about a month and a half that Brutus has been on his new food and today I notice a large cyst on his foot, and tonight he vomited his whole dinner about a 1/2 hour after he ate it. Oh well back to the RX food for him. I'm just going to give it up and resign myself to the fact that he has to be on this food. My poor little boy.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] Rosalie, are you sure it's not environmental? Blue did really well on a Salmon formula for about 6 months, then the itching and cysts came back.

I thought it was food for a long time, but we just did another allergy test and it turns out it's trees and grass. We're starting treatment Tuesday. Maybe something to look into? Our dermatologist Dr. Rada Panich also sees patients in Long Island (Plainview) at LIVS. She seems very knowledgeable. She also helped some bullies in my meet-up group.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I will ask my vet. It's just strange, as soon as he goes on the RX food everything clears up with no problems.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Rosalie, it's worth a try to see if its environmental allergies like Blueberrys Mom suggested, but if it is caused by food issues, and the only food that Brutus can to,erase is a prescription food, then that's the best food for him and his health, and it's what works for him. You shouldn't feel bad, or feel guilty because you have tried your best to try and find other foods for him, sometimes despite everything we try, we can't fix everything. I would think the constant changing would be frustrating for you, worrisome as well, and cause upset stomach and other issues. If the prescription diet works for Brutus, and he tolerates it, and he is symptom free, then that is the best choice for him.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Oh no. hope you find the solution or the right food for Brutus, poor baby. really hope its justs food and no allergies.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I agree with [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION], if Brutus has been doing well on the rx food then keep using it, Rosalie. And [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] brings up a good point, that it can be environmental. I'm beginning to suspect that Finn's itchy-ness is from the grass and rolling around in the leaves and dirt that he likes to do vs. the food. I've tried everything for him...home cooking, different kibble...he still gets itchy and licks his paws.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor guy, you tried your best. I hope once you switch over it all stops.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ah, damn! As others have said are you sure it is not something outside?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have to agree w/everyone else on this one… I have allergies and have been getting shots for 2 years now. I have been MISERABLE these last couple of weeks, and I also take Benadryl and a steroid nasal spray daily. It could very well be environmental...

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
i dont know what r x is but if it works for your baby what don't you keep using it.
Why did you want to swap

RX is prescription food from the vet. I tried not usingnit because it's not the best quality I could give him. But it looks like I jusy have to. Atleast he wasn't having issues on it. Hos coat just gets a little coarse.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I will ask the vet when he gets his shots this week. I'm not sure it is though because he is doing great on the allegra and his eyes look great
Not red or wet or swollen at all. This morning starts the RX food again and I will have a week to see if it clears up before the vet comes.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
RX is prescription food from the vet. I tried not usingnit because it's not the best quality I could give him. But it looks like I jusy have to. Atleast he wasn't having issues on it. Hos coat just gets a little coarse.

You know Roxie's coat was terribly coarse until I started giving her the NuVet supplements and a daily 1/2 tsp of coconut oil. Now her fur is super soft… have you tried that yet?

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I haven't. I will get him straightened out first, then I will give it a go. Thanks!!

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Do you mix in an added protein? Fruit ? Veg? -it may help that wee bit :yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online