Thread: Spike got neutered today! Hopefully things get better here!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
    Likes (Received)

Default Spike got neutered today! Hopefully things get better here!

Well, today was the day that Spike (the bulldog I rescued a few weeks ago) got neutered. He came thru the surgery just fine. He is on a ton of meds again...I was right about him not having hot spots....when I got him he had a bunch of spots with no hair....the people I got him from said they were hot spots, but looking at them I knew that wasn't the case. I have been giving him a bath with a keto shampoo twice a week and his hair is growing back nicely. His eyes are still very red....the vet checked him out today and he has an infection in his left ear, an infection in both his eyes and one eye has only a 5% tear production.
    The spots on his skin where his hair was gone, the vet says it was more than likely a skin infection....he said it wasn't allergy related and it wasn't mange.

I am also hoping that having Spike neutered will help with him living here. My other bullie Bertie keeps attacking him, and finally when he has taken all he can stand, he fights back! Last time he grabbed her by the neck and it took two of us to break them apart. Bertie is still limping after almost 2 weeks. She has scabs on both sides of her neck. Spike is much larger than Bertie, but she has been so mean and in attack mode. I really hope that by having him neutered, maybe she won't feel so threatened....we shall see. They have not had access to each other in a couple weeks....I have been keeping them seperated.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Spike got neutered today! Hopefully things get better here!

If Spike is in pan and has trouble hearing due to the ear infections, Bertie is sensing his weakness and Spike is most likely still not fully comfortable ---- i think it be great to get a trainer in to help along as you said it seems spike had no training and was allowed to just be --- I tagged a few members that can help with some training and dealing with two that need to get along.

also, you may want to start using a training technique "Nothing in Life is Free', it is very easy, but everyone in the house has to remain on the same page and be consistent with both Bulldogs.

here is the link -- http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...ning-technique
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, so glad Spike came through the surgery and is doing well. I hope is recovery is quick and easy. When we had Dozer neutered, he healed pretty quickly, less than a week. Glad he doesn't have mange, and hope the medications take of the skin and eye/ear infections. Once his ears are cleared up, you can clean his ears with a mixture of peroxide and water, or a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water, use equal parts. They are very good at dissolving ear wax. I like to use these because they are natural.
    I hope Bertie and Spike learn to get along, I'm sorry I don't have any experience with this, but hopefully somebody will come along soon who does. I agree with others, that training might help. Good luck and keep us posted. I hope Spike feels better soon.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia
    Likes (Received)

Glad spike is home doing good. Wow he has a lot going on with him. Sending a prayer u r way so he gets better and makes it better in ur home for u guys.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Three bows to you for rescuing the boy, I hope it all works out well

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural mystic View Post
    Three bows to you for rescuing the boy, I hope it all works out well
    Agree with Tim, GOD bless you for rescuing Spike! Praying that Bertie
    & Spike learn to live together <3

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Remove Ads