Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi guys, this is a part 2 sort of to the post I wrote the other day regarding the problem I have with my Mom not liking dogs, and her calling them ugly beasts. I did sit down and told her, it really hurts me when she says stuff like that, that I don't expect her to suddenly change and love dogs, or to understand how I feel, or that I feel like my dogs are like my children, and are and always will be a part of my life. I couldn't imagine my life without them. So we are talking about this in the living room, and my Stepdad who is sitting across from us turns to me and out of the blue says Are your dogs still alive, Aren't they dead? WTF, I was so pissed, I turned around and said to him, why would you even say that, why would my dogs be dead. I told him he was stupid. He said oh I had a dream and I saw 2 dead dogs, so I thought of you, he says who's watching the dogs while you're here? I said What do you think, I did had surgery, came here for a week and left my dogs alone? Of course my husband and my son are home and are taking care of Dozer and Blossom. I don't even know what to say to this, I could spit nails right now, I'm so mad. Who says S*** like this? I have come home for the weekend at least, this is a long weekend here in Canada, it is Victoria Day, so hubby is off Sat., Sun., and Mon., so I decided to come home, and spend time with my family, and my bullies, I can't walk them, because they pull me, and I can't let them jump up on me, but I sure did miss them, and they are so happy to see me, I came home and started saying in a really high happy voice, Mommy is Home, and they went crazy with excitement. Ahh nothing better than bully love. I missed them so much.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Glad you went home. Even if it's only for a few days.
The environment you're in doesn't sound good. How much longer can you really take it?

And to answer your question about "who says **** like that"? My mom, that's who. The woman is crazy. So yeah, I feel for ya :(.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That sucks! What an uncaring, inconsiderate thing to say. I'm sorry Monica, he might have something to do with the way your mom feels about those beauties. I would try my best to forget about what was said and enjoy your family and your home and most of all those 2 babies this weekend!! Happy Victoria day and welcome home!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Excuse me for saying this..and I mean it in the most non critical or judgmental way possible..but step dads a dick...
Feel better! And those babies will speed your recovery!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
So sorry... He doesn't sound like a nice person at all. Very inconsiderate and he might be the one that encourages your mom to say the stuff that she did :( just ignore and pray for him. Poor soul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg Thanks everyone, just venting, but it is out of ignorance, I'm still pissed as it just happened today, but mostly I'm sad for them, they will never experience the love of these beautiful animals, and they will never know the unconditional love and loyalty of our bullies. We are truly the lucky ones. I couldn't imagine my life without them, and I'm glad I'm home, I missed them so much. I guess I just have to forget about what they say, and save my stories and pictures with you guys my EBN family. We all know and love this Love.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Excuse me for saying this..and I mean it in the most non critical or judgmental way possible..but step dads a dick...

:goodone: I'm sorry Monica, but that was a HORRIBLE thing to say someone… Sounds like something that my grandmother would say, and whenever she would go on her HATEFUL rant I would just ignore her like she wasn't even speaking!!! I hope you enjoy your weekend home, and remember we are always here for you to vent...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

:bravo:

Monica -- so zsorry you are dealing with that :poo:.... do you REALLY have to go back? Can't you stay home and just chill and relax in your bed or on the couch? that is what I did after my hysto, the pups knew I was not 'right' and were very good and well behaved... just laid next to me or sat at my feet

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
You know some people enjoy getting under your skin and if they know talking about your dogs gets to you then they'll do it even more. Sick isn't it but so many are like that - that's why you never let them know they get to you just blow it off. You just know they aren't the ones to go to with news of your little treasures. Get Well Soon!

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Oh Monica!!!! Wow - hugs to you, and to Blossom and Bulldozer. xoxoxox Nevermind the negativity; focus on the sweet love in your babies eyes.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Wow that shows such a lack of respect to you and yours, thankfully you have a huge family here and an incredible one at your home. It is their loss and I would really think how important it is to you to continue to have any kind of relationship with your step father. Some losses are justified and healthier for you in the long run.
Heal get well and try the conversation again one on one with mom and most importantly go get yourself some bully loving. Things will get better. Chance would give you lovings if he could and i would be there for the hugs.004.jpg

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Monica, That is horrible what that mean man said, I cannot understand people saying these things. I am so glad you are at home, where YOU AND YOUR BULLY'S ARE TRULY LOVED. Dogs are so Wonderful, of course they cannot talk, but they show us LOVE AND KINDNESS EVERY DAY. Try to forget what that mean person said about Your Babies, It is his loss, and your Mother's loss to have never known the LOVE OF LOVING A DOG (BULLY) I hope Monica you are able to stay home with All of Your Love Ones.

mikesbandit

Feb 21, 2014
Unhappy people lash out. Don't get drawn in to the negativity. I use my bully as a measuring stick to judge character, he is never wrong

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula

I concur, you can't chose your family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.