Does Anyone Else Experience this Problem with Family or Friends!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Monica you know everyone here feels exactly the same as you. I agree Jimmy nailed it, people that have never lived with a bully don't understand and I do choose dogs over people and if that's crazy then I am CRAZY. I hope you feel better soon so you can go home to your bullys. XXOO

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ok, I have a slightly different take on this. I don't care who it is, mother or not, it is extremely disrespectful for anyone to voice such strong opinions. Especially when they know how much you love your babies. Let me just say this. You are an adult. If you have never asked your mother for money, she has no right at all to say anything about the amount you spend. Have you ever expected your mother to clean your house or replace furniture or flooring the bullies destroyed?? No? again, none of her business. As far as replacing dogs for people?? I would say to her "my dogs don't judge me like you do, so I guess it is easier to related to them". I was raised to respect my elders as well, but at what expense to you? I come from the camp of you have to give respect to expect it in return. This really upsets me for a bunch of reasons, but mostly because it upsets you so much. Shame on your mom for not recognizing what perfect strangers can see.

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Ugh! I have some friends like your mom! They hate dogs and honestly? I just feel sorry for them for missing out on such a joy! If she doesn't like your house, don't invite her over anymore (as harsh as it sounds). Who wants to hear someone complaining the entire time anyway? Go to her house or meet her in public. And maybe you shouldn't tell her how much you spend on them anymore, it frankly is not her business!

You are not crazy at all for loving your babies! Crazy would be getting a dog without preparing to provide them with all they need and lots of love!

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks guys, I do ignore it for the most part, and she doesn't really come over very often, the weird thing is I've been staying here for a week with her, she is looking after me after my surgery. I don't know why she's bringing the dogs up here, other than I talk to my son and my hubby a couple of times a day, and I always ask about my babies, and how they are. My mom laughs at me, and then she starts about how crazy I am over these ugly dogs, and I'm being ridiculous, they're not people. I wouldn't disrespect my mom, and I wouldn't hurt her, it's just not me, but her comments do hurt me, and I try to tell her, but she just won't understand. I guess I just have to suck it up, and enjoy my life and my dogs. I've been on my own since I was 17 years old, been with my hubby for 37 years, and I've have never asked my mom for money or help with my life, my kids or my dogs, so I just have to accept that she's not going to change her mind, and try to ignore the comments, and enjoy my dogs at my house.

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
Hi , I love reading your posts ..always interesting and full of info. I do not know how it feels to have you Mom dislike your babies. It must feel like she is dis-ing your skin children. not cool..I would love to join in on one of the bully gathering in Ontario , and meet your bullies. I live in Waterloo.
No one can under stand the unconditional love from a EBD.....take care.. enjoy the long weekend.

Last edited:

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
@viking girl, I am also sorry your Mum does not understand it must be hard on you. I don't know what it feels like because I get my love of dogs and animals from my Mother we are both crazy for them. But that is not the same for my Dad or Brother, My Dad has passsed and My brother most likely does not understand how much I love the animals I have. He does not have one animal in his life, something I don't understand, the difference I guess is that we respect and love each other that we don't judge the way each other live.

But all of us here get you ! And you amazing and if you are crazy then so are all of us, I couldnt imagine my life past, present and future life without a furry animal. They have helped me through some really sad and challenging times, something at the time humans could not do. :D

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
I understand exactly what you mean- not with my mother (she loves bentley like I actually gave birth to himself) but my friends don't understand. I actually had one turn to me and say v"don't you have anything else to talk about". I looked at the person and said nope- he's my world and I have no friends.( I moved from NJ to VA with my husband and bentley was all I have when my husband deploys) It hurt terribly that the one friend didn't understand - but fack it!

I choose to keep bentley off of my Facebook and he has his own Instagram cause I hate when people flood my feed with their spawn. I don't have human children but I don't want to see a baby smile in 40 different angles and boogers running out of its nose. I'm that person lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 60

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
First i'm sorry your mom feels the way she does. I always feel humans who dont like dogs are missing out on what unconditional love and loyalty really means, for me they're missing out on life. Though i do get where youre coming from. I came from a country where dogs are "just" dogs. They are chained outside, given food and water and they are suppose to guard the house. In my country dogs dont have any rights. People (not my family) are amazed and find it disgusting that i sleep with my babies (then a shih tzu and a pug), they were astounded when i went back to the Philippines to bring my Pug in Germany. My whole family (except for my brother) is tolerant und understanding about my kids. And here? The visitors know that THEY are just visitors and my kid is furry lol. If they dont like it then they should shut it.

hope your mom turns around and be a little more understanding of your babies, atleast for your sake :).

For me owning a dog is a priveledge not a right.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I already love Brad Pitt now i love him thousand times more! Lol

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
Hang in ther girl. We understand. Your mom as to realize that u love your doggie just as much as she loves u (as her daughter.) She better! Had to say she better cuz believe me I have came across moms that dont give a rip about ther kids. How are your boys doing? Post pix. I want to see them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHi Beckylu00. Here are some pictures of my fur babies Bulldozer and Blossom.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg