Eye lash trouble

lewis

May 15, 2014
A vet saying she has a lash going towards eye but he young vet and she not having trouble with eye any suggestions

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
My dog had this issue, but the problem was inflammation that was pushing the eye lashes in. My dog is on eye drops to control that and she doesn't seem to have a lot of problems now. However, the vet suggested that an "eye lift" (that is what I call it) could be useful to pull the eyelid down a bit.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
entropian..could be big issues down the road, ask the vet about plucking the lashes, if possible

Stella

Apr 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella Lavone
Is it normal in a bulldog to have to have this surgery more then once?

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
I have the same thing with Rambo he got his first operation on his eye. The vet said we waited to long, but that is not true. I took him in right away. They are the ones who wanted to try drops first. I was the one who pushed them to do the surgery.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
Dually had entropian surgery 3 times!! The first 2 times by a vet who insisted on using a laser instead. Only reason I used this vet was because I worked with her, knew there would be an issue when I picked him up and first thing she said to me was "He will need surgery again in a couple years". Exactly 2 months later he needed a second surgery. I even asked her if there was another way to fix this and she said yes but still did the laser. The 3rd time I used a different vet who actually did the surgery the right way and I haven't had a problem since!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.