It would be fun to know how everyone came up with their bullies names. Jammy came from pajamas. When my daughter was little

drmom89

May 14, 2014
It would be fun to know how everyone came up with their bullies names. Jammy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk came from pajamas. My daughter and I used to call them Jammys. Who doesn't love to come to your to your pj's? And the name fits her perfectly. She's soft,cuddly and fun!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea is just another form of Harley. I always wanted a female bully that was named Harley but had a different spelling so I went with Harlea. Her name was picked out 20 years before I got her.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Re: It would be fun to know how everyone came up with their bullies names. Jammy...

As I am from Scotland I wanted to call diesel (haggis) I live in Yorkshire and the don't pronounce H
The I wanted Albert after Prince Albert but my wife's dad is called Albert. He is small like a bully and chunky like a bully - so diesel it was.
Paisley is 10 mins from glasgow so that was easy
Nula was my wife's idea, I had to give her something to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I had always wanted a EB, and I told my hubby many times if I ever get an EB, I wanted a male, and I was going to call him Bulldozer or Tonka. When I finally got one after 10 years, I found my male, and immediately named him Bulkdozer, my hubby fell in love with his sister, and so he bought her as well, and I immediately thought of the name Tonka, I could use both names, but hubby and my son said No, that was a boys name. I then suggested changing Tonka to Tanka, but they didn't like that either. So they tried to get me to change Dozers name. They wanted theme names like Elvis and Priscilla, Rocky and Adrienne, or Rocky and Roxy, or Jagger/Mick and Bianca, and although all of them were cute, I wasn't budging on Bulldozer, so then I started thinking of girl names that started with the letter "B", and I also liked the name Ladybug, but they didn't. I liked Bianca, Bella, but then I came across the name Blossom, and I thought it was such a cute name, and I hadn't heard of it before for a dog, so she became Awesome Blossom, and it totally fits her.

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Our kids named Meatball. My husband is Italian and he wanted names like Guido, Vito, Guissepe get the picture lol. My girls hated those names! So they came up with Meatball! It's Italian and my husbands favorite food! Win win situation lol:) We want to now get a female and name Ziti lmao!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Like so many it was my dream to one day own a bulldog or as I have learned be owned by a bulldog lol and I too had his name picked out many years before even finding him. I knew he had to have an english name and I would have gone with Ian but I already call my car that so I opted for Nigel and then I fell in love with Wentworth Miller when Prison Break came out so I threw that in as his middle name and then chose Sinclair as his last name. My Nigel Wentworth is a bully dream come true!

My sons female is Karly after his favorite singer and I added Isabella as her middle name cause she is a doll and I like to call her Karly-Bella and she had to be a Sinclair to match Nigel. I also wanted her initials to be KIS like a kiss cause she's got a big heart on her neck.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
My husband just recently purchased my bully and I wanted her name to be Lei Lani or something like that. I came across the name Mia ( I always called her my love) so her name is Mia aka Mia Amor (my love) thought is was cute.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie is named after my mother in law.

Brutus, well his original name was Buddy and when we first met him immediately i thought..."Nope, he's a brutus" and several people who had met him said...man he looks like a brutus. So Brutus stuck. it fits him so well cause he's such a brut.

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Re: It would be fun to know how everyone came up with their bullies names. Jammy...

Riggins name has two meanings behind it. A friend bought Riggins for my daughter and I after I lost my Boston Terrier. Annie was my 3 year old daughters best friend. I had always wanted an EB and my friend has an EB. He said when you are ready, let me know and I will get you your EB. He is a pro golfer so it was nothing for him. I loved the show Friday Night Lights. That's actually how I fell in love with my daughters name....Lyla. Another character was Tim Riggins. I thought Riggins would be a cute name. And I would call him Rig or Rigs a lot. It also turned out when we were deciding on names before I actually got him, my friend and I realized that my puppy would be named after him too. His initials are RIG and he is actually Riggins co-owner with me so we thought it was perfect.

So Riggins is named after his pro golfer "puppy Daddy" as my daughter calls my friend and also a character from Friday Night Lights. 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
drmom89

drmom89

May 14, 2014

Great names ! I love all the stories!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
All named after the b/f's favorite sports players

Nitshcke --- Ray Nitschke from the Green bay Packers

Banks - Erine Banks from the Chicago Cubs

Chelios (our Frenchie) -- Chris Chelios from the Chicago Blackhawks

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
All named after the b/f's favorite sports players

Nitshcke --- Ray Nitschke from the Green bay Packers

Banks - Erine Banks from the Chicago Cubs

Chelios (our Frenchie) -- Chris Chelios from the Chicago Blackhawks

Does your b/f watch golf? The pro that bought Riggins (and the one RIG is named after) is a Chicago sports fan and has the Blackhawks logo on his bag and Kane's #.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
My Dog Elmo was named from the character on Sesame Street, I always Loved Him. I would watch Sesame Street with my Daughter many years ago.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Does your b/f watch golf? The pro that bought Riggins (and the one RIG is named after) is a Chicago sports fan and has the Blackhawks logo on his bag and Kane's #.

He does not currently watch but when i tell him this he probably will. :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.