OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Do any of you have any experience with hip dysplasia? Do you think he should be taking a supplement every day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=11595]Rigginsluv11[/MENTION] I don't have experience with it, there's a ton of threads on here though and a great thread in the learning center with x-ray photos. I know there are a lot of people on here that give supplements for hips and joints.

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
[MENTION=11595]Rigginsluv11[/MENTION] I don't have experience with it, there's a ton of threads on here though and a great thread in the learning center with x-ray photos. I know there are a lot of people on here that give supplements for hips and joints.

Thank you for that information!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Do any of you have any experience with hip dysplasia? Do you think he should be taking a supplement every day?

Banks has it very bad.... she was diagnosed at around 8 months old and is now 8.5 yrs old.... does not stop her at all for being a crazy playful (beeeotchy) dog. as a younger pup we gave her glucosamine and did limit her pay/jumping, but as time passed it seemed to not really cause any issue. still today, she runs and climbs stairs etc. Banks also has a bad spine (fused vertebrae) so she is on a med that blocks the brain from knowing she is in pain

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Banks has it very bad.... she was diagnosed at around 8 months old and is now 8.5 yrs old.... does not stop her at all for being a crazy playful (beeeotchy) dog. as a younger pup we gave her glucosamine and did limit her pay/jumping, but as time passed it seemed to not really cause any issue. still today, she runs and climbs stairs etc. Banks also has a bad spine (fused vertebrae) so she is on a med that blocks the brain from knowing she is in pain

I'm sorry to hear that Banks has the hip and spine problems but your post does give me a lot of hope. I've been really depressed about this lately. Riggins is only 1 and it makes me so sad that he has been diagnosed so young. So I've just wondered what his life will be like. So thank you for giving me hope that he will be able to live a long and crazy life!

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Wishing you and Riggins all the best. Please let us know how he is doing and if you see the vet what the problem /prognosis is. Miss Tallulah Buster and I send hugs and bully butt wiggles to you and Riggins.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Just reading now, poor Riggins and you, nothing worse than worrying about them :(, hope he is better, keep us updated on how the appointment went if you go.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm sorry to hear that Banks has the hip and spine problems but your post does give me a lot of hope. I've been really depressed about this lately. Riggins is only 1 and it makes me so sad that he has been diagnosed so young. So I've just wondered what his life will be like. So thank you for giving me hope that he will be able to live a long and crazy life!

Without a doubt, he will.. I have many videos on here of her running and playing like no issue.

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Rigs was feeling much better yesterday so I cancelled his vet appt. Last night he turned into an absolute crazy bullie! He wanted to race around like he does every night. Boy was that fun trying to calm him down! 😂 I just want him to keep resting for a few more days. I can tell he is completely bored with it though. Lol. I'm happy that he isn't limping anymore. He does still get up rather slow from the lying down position but he has improved so much!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rigs was feeling much better yesterday so I cancelled his vet appt. Last night he turned into an absolute crazy bullie! He wanted to race around like he does every night. Boy was that fun trying to calm him down!  I just want him to keep resting for a few more days. I can tell he is completely bored with it though. Lol. I'm happy that he isn't limping anymore. He does still get up rather slow from the lying down position but he has improved so much!

good to hear he is doing well... one day at a time.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I'm sorry too and was going to ask if it was a front or hind leg and if a rear leg find the thread where I posted where Ace had pulled up lame which we feared was a torn ACL. But after seeing where you stated the pup has hip dysplasia I realized that other thread may not be of any help. If its not connected to the hip dysplasia then it could be a muscle strain or ligament situation. Ace's problem seemed to come out of no where as well. Hope all goes well

Just saw your latest post. Good deal. Glad the pup is doing better

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Glad Riggins is feeling better and not limping anymore. I hope he continues to improve! Frank just tore his ACL so we are making him be really careful with is activity. He isn't limping anymore but still good to watch them carefully and make sure they aren't jumping excessively.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's really good to hear. Thank you for the update. :)

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Glad Riggins is feeling better and not limping anymore. I hope he continues to improve! Frank just tore his ACL so we are making him be really careful with is activity. He isn't limping anymore but still good to watch them carefully and make sure they aren't jumping excessively.

It is so hard to keep them from jumping, isn't it? Riggins gets these spurts of insane energy and turns into a crazy bullie! I had to put up baby gates to limit the distance he could run. We have a very long hallway upstairs so I've blocked that off even though he feels better. I just want him to continue taking it easy and I think he is like No way Mom! 😂

Thank y'all for the nice words and checking in. Hopefully he continues to improve. 😃

I hope Frank is doing ok!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.