Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,

Here is Bongo 2.5 years now starting to get that nice head. I was wondering if anyone has had the problem of there Bulldog not drinking while out on walks? Bongo will not drink out of anything else but his water bowl at home. When we go on walks I can't get him to drink and I've bought all types of gadgets to know avail. I need to get him to drink on walks especially when it gets hotter does anyone have tricks. I would love to get him to drink out of a bottle. Any tips or trick would be a huge help.

Thanks,
Frank ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1399961053.492287.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Wow Bongo sure is handsome! Hehe sorry no tips nor advice i better leave that to the experts here. Oh but maybe you can try wetting him on walks or giving him ice cubes? You could put the ice cube into those thermobottles. We also wet my boy when i think he doesnt drink enough but is panting too much. Helps cool them down. Thats just what i do though lol. Better wait for the experts though :tongue:.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If you have a water bottle with the top that 'squirts' just place it under the corner of the jowl and squirt into the moutnh... he will have to swallow. But, on hot/warm days, you really should limit walks and outdoor activity -- these abbaies over heat real fast and it can happen in an instant.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If you have a water bottle with the top that 'squirts' just place it under the corner of the jowl and squirt into the moutnh... he will have to swallow. But, on hot/warm days, you really should limit walks and outdoor activity -- these abbaies over heat real fast and it can happen in an instant.

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Squirt! And be careful about the heat!

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
June will not drink when we are at the dog park. I have to take our own water bottle and she drinks from that. No idea why?! I think she's just picky and likes her own cold filtered water :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.