RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We have a 15x20 concrete patio, followed by about 15 feet of Grassy area for Gizmo and Hershey. Bottom Line *P-U!* I've tried the stuff at PetSmart for the yard, but its just like a perfume, that lasts about a day or 2 (no enzymes or anything) I've Googled fixes, and wanted to know if anyone here has had this issue, if so, what have they done to reduce or eliminate the odors? their patch of the yard is right off the patio, and right near our bedroom windows (we are upstairs atleast) Suggestions? solutions? short of getting a tractor trailer full of garden lime :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Having same problem and can not think of a freckin' thing to kill it!! Banks selcted the corner right next to the fire-pit and it is down wind too

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
Our boys always pee in the same spots on our front lawn and we are having problems with brown patches..it bothers my husband because he babies our front lawn but not the backyard..we asked our vet last week for suggestion because I am against any of the products that go in the dogs water bowl..he suggested putting red pepper seed in those spots so they won't go there anymore..it probably won't help with the smell but maybe your dog will find a new spot to go if you put some there

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My niece has a cat that was peeing in odd places in the house. Cleaning it up was not stopping the odor-or the peeing so the cat continued. She bought some spray in a bottle, called DUMB CAT. After she cleaned up, she sprayed the spots(was some kind of enzyme) and the cat stopped peeing, and started using her box again. Perhaps you can use DUMB DOG outside on the spots, and it will kill the odor.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I swear by this stuff. I use it in the laundry when I wash as well as cleaning up any accidents. You can find it on sale on Amazon and sometimes Walgreens:
l_bok1006.png

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I swear by this stuff. I use it in the laundry when I wash as well as cleaning up any accidents. You can find it on sale on Amazon and sometimes Walgreens:
l_bok1006.png

can you use it in the grass?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I am curious too. We have had that problem every once in awhile, but have never put anything on it, and it seems to go away after awhile. I know lime will help, but don't know what it would do to the grass.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I've never used it on the grass, only on the back patio pad that my dogs love to pee on. It is an all natural enzyme cleaner. I don't know if anything in it would damage the grass. Maybe another member could look at the ingredients and let us know. I can tell you this stuff is awesome with getting dog smell out of beds, towels and blankets.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've never used it on the grass, only on the back patio pad that my dogs love to pee on. It is an all natural enzyme cleaner. I don't know if anything in it would damage the grass. Maybe another member could look at the ingredients and let us know. I can tell you this stuff is awesome with getting dog smell out of beds, towels and blankets.

It is all natural ingredients, but says nothing about using it on a lawn/grass....

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Its gonna be a 150sq foot area, so I'm not to sure I can afford a bunch of little bottles that need applied several times a week :p

Melissao

Jul 26, 2014
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Not sure if you have found a solution yet but I just saw that NaturVet has a product, Yard a Odor Eliminator, that you spray on the grass to eliminate odors. It is a bottle that attaches to your hose so you can spay a large area. I have not used it so I don't know if it works or not- hope this helps!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.