Bodacious won't eat!

Judeanrn

Jan 7, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodacious
Bodacious came to me from the breeder on Iams. He ate that well until he was almost a year old. I tried Blue wilderness, mixing slowly at first but he didn't want to eat that either and stool was still mostly loose after a large bag of the food. Now trying Fromm Gold and he doesn't seem to want to eat that either. He has gone almost 2 days before without eating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Don't panic, Bo won't starve. How long did you keep him on the different
foods each time? His tummy may be upset, try warming his Fromm's in
microwave bowl for 20 secs, add 1/3 cup water first.This makes gravy
and heating makes scent and stimulates appetite. If that doesn't work,
substitute broth for water. If doesn't work, add a topper such as a dollop
of cottage cheese, a couple small sardines (water packed or in olive oil),
a soft boiled egg... Let us know how he does :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Carol gave you great advice :2thumbs:

I'm transitioning my puppy to the Fromm's puppy gold, and I've been heating up a small amount of water to make a warm gravy for him too. I'm taking about 10 days to do the transition so just remember to take it slow...

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with carol and Tracey, he won't starve himself, he will eventually eat. He may have an upset tummy. We had to switch our guys food 4 times due to allergies, upset tummies, and soft poops. My female Blossom is allergic to chicken and salmon, corn and grains. The breeder had my guys on Royal Canin, and Blossom had so. Many symptoms, soft poop, pink skin, red rash on chin, warm red ears, and she licked her paws all the time, I switched them to Go Natural, but it was too rich for Dozer, and he got runny poops, so switched them to Fromm's Puppy Gold, which also caused the allergy symptoms in Blossom again. That's when I realized all of these foods were chicken based and also had grains or fillers in them. We then switched them to Fromm's Beef Frittata grain free food, and they have been on this food for 21 months, and are doing really well on it. Their poops are good, they go twice a day, Blossom tolerates it, and their skin is good as well. We did a slow transition over two weeks each time, but it can take up to a month to see any improvements or benefits from a change of food, it takes this long for the old food to leave their system. Finding a food that they tolerate is a frustrating process, and its just trial,and error, until you find one that works for you.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Hi don't have any advice here sorry. just wanna say i love the name Bodacious! lol really nice name :yes:.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Don't panic, Bo won't starve. How long did you keep him on the different
foods each time? His tummy may be upset, try warming his Fromm's in
microwave bowl for 20 secs, add 1/3 cup water first.This makes gravy
and heating makes scent and stimulates appetite. If that doesn't work,
substitute broth for water. If doesn't work, add a topper such as a dollop
of cottage cheese, a couple small sardines (water packed or in olive oil),
a soft boiled egg... Let us know how he does :)

:goodpost:

Bruiser11214

Apr 21, 2014
Portland, Maine
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
Hi, well, first of all, IAMS SUCKS! They used to be a good quality dog food with no by-products and now they've cheapened their product with corn fillers and by-products...some dogs get used to this type of lower quality food and when you switch them over to a better quality food (Like Blue) they protest! Good suggestions re: adding water and/or chicken broth, as I used to do this for my older bulldog when he started getting picky in his old age. I would stick with a no grain higher quality food....he won't starve himself and add water, warm it up or broth to help him get interested. If you start doing that though...just a reminder you might have to continue to do this, because he will expect it...that is the only down fall when you cater to them ;) Sometimes it has to get done! I find...EB's especially benefit from high no grain quality food..they tend to have sensitive stomachs and allergies issues. GOOD LUCK :ashamed: :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.