My fault or his?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I took Vegas out this morning for his usual :poo: and pee, we come back in and he eats breakfast then snuggled on the living room floor with his stuffie monkey. This is a routine we do every day, well 20 min. later he goes to the door looking out. I tell him "no you just went out" Then I think he just wants to sit in the screened in patio so I opened the door.

I was taking down the Christmas tree and happened to look down in his crate HE WAS PEEIING!!! >.< He is 19 months old I have had him for 15 of those and he has NEVER-EVER peed or :poo: in his crate and only pee'd on the tile floor when he was on steriod's for an ear infection several months ago.

This is Very unusual behavior for him and I hope does not become a habit, Is he a bad boy or am I a bad mom? He didn't bark to go out he was just sitting at the door so I thought he wanted to sun himself. My thought is he is a BAD BOY!!!>.<

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
That's a hard one...he did go to the door. It is tough though because mine love sitting at the glass door, sunning. Sometimes I go take them out and they only want to play. Usually Lola comes back to me and will nudge me or giving me some type of signal that she needs to go out....now Brodie, he will just pee..usually goes to HIS BED, which is what he did this am. I had the back door open this am so they could come and go after they ate (yes i was lazy) and Brodie came inside played and walked to his bed and started to pee. I kinda caught him, took him out and told him bad. I swear I think he knew what he had done and that it was a no no. I also wonder if they do certain things for attention. Just never know....I KNOW you are not a bad mom!

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
hmm I would keep an eye out for a uti. If he pees in the house again or needs to go out a lot, and just does small pees take him to the vet for antibiotics.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION], You know Just talking to my husband about that!! I just got in from taking him for his 5th time since we got up, that is VERY unusual for him, I work 4 days a week from 10-4:30 and he goes all day without peeing, now it has been 5x since 8 this morning and its only 3 in the afternoon. I just had him to the vet on Friday for his allergy shot and the shot does contain small amounts of steriods but this is also his 3rd one that he has had and did not do this with the first two. He acts fine and is eating and drinking. I will have to wait and see tonight, I absolutely can not take off work tomorrow and the vet closes at 5 so I can't even take him when I get off. Now I am worried!

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
a uti isnt super serious, it can wait a day or two. It is also safe to give dogs cranberry capsules this will help the pain and frequent urination.

Last edited:

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] also if the shots were close together and idk if they were maybe it is a buildup pof the steriods in his system? Either way it's safe to say it most likely wasn't either of your faults, yay.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] no the shot was exactly 4 weeks apart to the day. I know several months ago when Vegas had an ear infection and was on antibiotics and steroids he pee'd a few times on the tile floor, never his crate, that is the only accident he has ever had. I am wondering if it is the steroid in the shot, but the vet said it was like a cousin to a steriod, not an actual steroid that is in the allergy shot mixture. I am just baffled and concerned.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester has done this to me before..he JUST goes out and comes in and does his business on my floor. Sometimes I think he goes outside to play and doesn't have the patience to finish because something else looks like more fun (the neighbors, the neighbors dog, the birds, the snow). Could be a UTI..I would think that if he continued to keep going right after he had just gone. Watch out for some blood in his urine. More than likely though..he's just being a bad baby bully ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.