Feeding once a day??

MommyOfCali

Jan 11, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cali
Hi EBN!
My Cali girl will be 9 months at the end of May. And has these bouts of not eating breakfast. She has inhaled her meals since we've had her. But recently has shown no interest in breakfast (time frame ranges from 8-10am depending on what time mommy and daddy wake up!) is it too soon to just feed her once a day at dinner time @ 5pm? We take up her breakfast if she doesn't eat within a half hour... Any advice would be fabulous!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 137

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be allergies are starting to bother her... does she have any seasonal allergies that you know of? My boy was like this but he was older, like 2-3 years old and breakfast was optional in his mind.

What are you feeding, our of curiosity

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Her tummy may feel too nauseated to eat because it's empty, I would try giving her a light snack before bedtime. Some people use rice cakes, I just give a small portion of kibble or a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie does the same thing some days and she will eventually eat around noon....but her problem is sometimes she is just too lazy to get up and eat. :rolleyes: Lisa's idea is definitely something to try since she eats at 5pm and that's a long time between meals. Aubie usually gets a couple of Fromm treats before bed.

OP
M

MommyOfCali

Jan 11, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cali
She has allergies that effected her as well as her skin she's on perscription diet d/d. And can only get their hypoallergenic treats. She gets them throughout the day and one before bed (they're large). We definitely think it's laziness because we have to peel her out of bed in the morning. And we also think she's being a stubborn bulldog!
As far as seasonal allergies we got her in November so all she knows in NY is snow and cold. She is just getting used to exploring outside with the nice weather. So none that we know of. Maybe we can give her a snack at bedtime. Just want to avoid people food and don't want her to become overweight!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.