pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
She has now gone about a month with no weight gain. I don't think she has gotten any thinner or taller either.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Some times, it just happens where you look at them one day and say... When did that happen?? I still have no memory of Banks going from 25 lb puppy to a 60 lb 2 yr old.... Now at 8.5 yrs, she holds around 60lbs

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I weighed her again today and she was still only 25.6 lbs. She seems to go up and down between 25 and 26 lbs.

I'm now feeding her 3/4 of a cup of Fromm's Beef Frittata twice per day (I dropped the middle feeding and split it up and added it to the other two feedings since she is almost 7 months old) and she is still getting soft poo about every other bowel movement. I still don't notice any increase in height of length either. :(

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I weighed her again today and she was still only 25.6 lbs. She seems to go up and down between 25 and 26 lbs.

I'm now feeding her 3/4 of a cup of Fromm's Beef Frittata twice per day (I dropped the middle feeding and split it up and added it to the other two feedings since she is almost 7 months old) and she is still getting soft poo about every other bowel movement. I still don't notice any increase in height of length either. :(

Have you tried adding canned pumpkin to her food? Not the pie filling but regular pumpkin?

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No, I haven't, because I don't see the point. Her poops are partly soft but they are also HUGE for a 25 lb dog, so she must not be able to digest any more of the food. Would the pumpkin help that?

I have considered trying another food but she looks really good...she just isn't growing. I thought maybe a lower protein food might help, but I have no clue if it would help or what to try.

I'm thinking that I probably did unintentionally stunt her growth when she was younger.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No, I haven't, because I don't see the point. Her poops are partly soft but they are also HUGE for a 25 lb dog, so she must not be able to digest any more of the food. Would the pumpkin help that?

I have considered trying another food but she looks really good...she just isn't growing. I thought maybe a lower protein food might help, but I have no clue if it would help or what to try.

I'm thinking that I probably did unintentionally stunt her growth when she was younger.

I doubt you did, every bully is different. The pumpkin will help firm up here poo.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I doubt you did, every bully is different. The pumpkin will help firm up here poo.

I guess my question on the pumpkin is will it help her digest the food better or will it just make it firmer? I just don't see any point in firming it up if she won't digest any more of it. Seems like I should just cut her food back some more, no?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I guess my question on the pumpkin is will it help her digest the food better or will it just make it firmer? I just don't see any point in firming it up if she won't digest any more of it. Seems like I should just cut her food back some more, no?

Pumpkin will help with her digestion, I wouldn't change the amount of food you're feeding her because she's so young.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumpkin will help with her digestion, I wouldn't change the amount of food you're feeding her because she's so young.

I'll have to pick some up and give it a try.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

How much pumpkin should I add to each meal (she is eating twice per day)?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would also give her some plain yogurt every day. It will also help her digestion. Mine (the smaller ones) get a tablespoon w a little food before bed every night. You could give it any time of day. They love it! I would not cut her food down. She is still a pup.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I haven't tried it yet, but her stool has firmed up pretty good on its own.

Shihtzustaff

Apr 30, 2014
Maple Ridge, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Stevie Ray
I think it also depends on what they eat. If their diet is the best it can be, they then can maximize their genetics. Right now Stevie is almost a year old and weighs around 50 pounds. She is still a little lanky (as in tall) so I expect she will fill out. She is fed raw. She is smaller than her mom but about the same size as her dad.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think it also depends on what they eat. If their diet is the best it can be, they then can maximize their genetics. Right now Stevie is almost a year old and weighs around 50 pounds. She is still a little lanky (as in tall) so I expect she will fill out. She is fed raw. She is smaller than her mom but about the same size as her dad.

Lola has been on Taste of the Wild High Prairie Puppy and Fromm's Beef Frittata since she was 9 weeks old. I would consider both of those foods as good foods. She has always had issues with soft stool on occasion. But not only is it soft, when it is soft it is usually a HUGE stool for some reason even when her food intake doesn't change.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.