Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 51

Thread: Growth beyond 6 months

  1. #37
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,361
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2311
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Growth beyond 6 months

    Glad her poo has settled. How does she look though? Does she look thin? If not she just may be a little lady .

    Something you could try is adding a splash of goat milk to her food. Its like moms milk so it shouldn't cause any digestive issues but if you try it, do it slowly because you just got the poo sorted.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  2. #38
    Wrinkle Wiper pcchenard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pete
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Traverse City, MI
    Posts
    146
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Growth beyond 6 months

    Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Glad her poo has settled. How does she look though? Does she look thin? If not she just may be a little lady .

    Something you could try is adding a splash of goat milk to her food. Its like moms milk so it shouldn't cause any digestive issues but if you try it, do it slowly because you just got the poo sorted.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think she looks pretty good...not too thin. She's just small. Here are a few pictures from a couple of weeks ago.

    -lolaondoor-jpg

    -lolasittinginbackseat-jpg

    -lolatongueout-jpg

    Bruno the Bulldog - Rest in peace old buddy.
    July 1996 - December 2007

  3. #39
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Growth beyond 6 months



    I love this!!!! She is such a DOLL!

  4. #40
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,361
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2311
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Growth beyond 6 months

    Quote Originally Posted by pcchenard View Post
    I think she looks pretty good...not too thin. She's just small. Here are a few pictures from a couple of weeks ago.

    -lolaondoor-jpg

    -lolasittinginbackseat-jpg

    -lolatongueout-jpg
    Agree, she's a doll and does not look too thin, she's just a petite little lady. You will be thankful when she's a year old and is still a lapdog

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  5. #41
    Wrinkle Wiper pcchenard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pete
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Traverse City, MI
    Posts
    146
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Growth beyond 6 months

    Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post


    I love this!!!! She is such a DOLL!
    That's her "Why do you not bow before the queen!? Off with their heads!!!" look.

    Bruno the Bulldog - Rest in peace old buddy.
    July 1996 - December 2007

  6. #42
    Wrinkle Wiper pcchenard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pete
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Traverse City, MI
    Posts
    146
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Growth beyond 6 months

    The pumpkin has definitely helped firm up her poo, which has allowed me to increase her food a little bit. For the last couple of weeks she has been eating just a little less that 1 cup 2x per day. I weighed her two days ago and she was up to 28.2 pounds and she looks a little thicker. Obviously some of the weight is fat but she still looks good and I can still feel her ribs with no problem.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

    Bruno the Bulldog - Rest in peace old buddy.
    July 1996 - December 2007

  7. #43
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,361
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2311
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Growth beyond 6 months

    Quote Originally Posted by pcchenard View Post
    The pumpkin has definitely helped firm up her poo, which has allowed me to increase her food a little bit. For the last couple of weeks she has been eating just a little less that 1 cup 2x per day. I weighed her two days ago and she was up to 28.2 pounds and she looks a little thicker. Obviously some of the weight is fat but she still looks good and I can still feel her ribs with no problem.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Great update! Slow and steady growth is much better. Excellent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  8. #44
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldozersma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,289
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Growth beyond 6 months

    She looks adorable, I'm so glad she's feeling better
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.


    James Hond, My Sunshine



  9. #45
    Wrinkle Wiper pcchenard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pete
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Traverse City, MI
    Posts
    146
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Growth beyond 6 months

    Just an update on Lola. She is currently 19 months old and weighed in at 37.4 pounds today. Her vet says she is just a few pounds over weight and she would like to see her stay around 33 pounds. I'm still in search of a food that won't make her skin itchy and pink. She has also developed two patches that are balding. The two patches are in almost identical spots on the sides of her body. I did give her coconut oil a while back to see if it would help with her itchy skin and after a couple of months it didn't seem to make any difference so I stopped giving it to her. I may try that again though. Here are a few pictures I took today. You will notice the balding patch and I also included a close up of one of the patches. Overall she is doing really well (except for her skin issues). The last few months she has been eating Natural Planet™ Rabbit & Salmon Entree Grain Free food.

    -img_20150527_175724741-jpg

    -img_20150527_175615092_top-jpg

    -img_20150527_175539227-jpg

    -img_20150527_175518648-jpg

    -img_20150527_175508789-jpg

    -img_20150527_175453161-jpg

    -img_20150527_175009558-jpg

    Bruno the Bulldog - Rest in peace old buddy.
    July 1996 - December 2007

  10. #46
    Wrinkle Wiper mb190e's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    125
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno
    Likes (Received)
    105

    Default Re: Growth beyond 6 months

    Quote Originally Posted by pcchenard View Post
    She has now gone about a month with no weight gain. I don't think she has gotten any thinner or taller either.
    I know this is an old thread I'm still on page 2. I've owned 3 golden retrievers and was always told not to neuter or spay them until 18 months due to the fact it changes something and makes them taller and skinnier. One of the golden's I have it was even in the contract that I wasn't allowed to neuter until 18 months.

  11. #47
    Wrinkle Wiper pcchenard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pete
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Traverse City, MI
    Posts
    146
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Growth beyond 6 months

    Quote Originally Posted by pcchenard View Post
    Just an update on Lola. She is currently 19 months old and weighed in at 37.4 pounds today. Her vet says she is just a few pounds over weight and she would like to see her stay around 33 pounds. I'm still in search of a food that won't make her skin itchy and pink. She has also developed two patches that are balding. The two patches are in almost identical spots on the sides of her body. I did give her coconut oil a while back to see if it would help with her itchy skin and after a couple of months it didn't seem to make any difference so I stopped giving it to her. I may try that again though. Here are a few pictures I took today. You will notice the balding patch and I also included a close up of one of the patches. Overall she is doing really well (except for her skin issues). The last few months she has been eating Natural Planet™ Rabbit & Salmon Entree Grain Free food.

    -img_20150527_175724741-jpg

    -img_20150527_175615092_top-jpg

    -img_20150527_175539227-jpg

    -img_20150527_175518648-jpg

    -img_20150527_175508789-jpg

    -img_20150527_175453161-jpg

    -img_20150527_175009558-jpg
    Does anyone have any idea what might cause the spots where her coat is thinning?

    Bruno the Bulldog - Rest in peace old buddy.
    July 1996 - December 2007

  12. #48
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,501
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6184

    Default Re: Growth beyond 6 months

    It kinda looks like seasonal flank alopecia. Melatonin can be used for that. I believe Lynn @Manydogs has had this. Lynn, what do you think?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  13. Likes pcchenard liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •