agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Just the way of the vet. I searched around and used a Bulldog friendly knowledgable vet.

The day I got him I rung to get his first jab and the vet recommended that as he might be unsettled and that because I don't know his normal behaviour I should wait a week till he had the first jab as it can sometimes make them a little poorly because it's a live vaccine.

I took him in for the first one and they told me they don't do the second for 4 weeks. I then was recommended 2 weeks after the second jab is safe for him to go out. I know people have said he can go out after a week, but others have said Parvovirus is rife, and I couldn't cope if anything happened to him. But all in all it will have been just over 7 weeks :0((

In the uk the do the first jab when there 8 weeks and the second jab 2 weeks after that. Then we wait a week before we can let then loose on the streets.
It looks like you have longer to wAit than me. Have you tryed your bully on a lead yet about your house?
You ll need to start that routing ASAP.
Let me know how you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
You can take them for a ride!!! Go to Starbucks with them!! That's what I did till they had all of their shots!!!
Love this pics btw. Puppies and daughter way too cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jocha25

Feb 28, 2014
Yes I have been taking him in the car. I will have to get a lead today. Don't know why my vet is 4 weeks between jabs :0(

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Don't know why my vet is 4 weeks between jabs :0(

mine too. it was a month between Bifi's second and third shot. and here the vets didn't advice us to keep him home until he has completed all of his shots. Bifi was playing outside (well just out the front of our apartment) after his first vet check up (a day or two after we got him from the breeder. he only had his first shot then). i guess it's different in every country because none of the 5 vets we have seen has adviced us to keep him indoors until all of his shots are complete, it is also contrary to every thing i have read (i have read not to let them play outside). they, as well as the breeder, told us to only let him play with dogs/pups that we know and have complete shots and only one at a time. please dont misunderstand, i am NOT in any way telling you to let them go out let them frolic lol. i'm just sharing you my experience :yes::D.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
mine too. it was a month between Bifi's second and third shot. and here the vets didn't advice us to keep him home until he has completed all of his shots. Bifi was playing outside (well just out the front of our apartment) after his first vet check up (a day or two after we got him from the breeder. he only had his first shot then). i guess it's different in every country because none of the 5 vets we have seen has adviced us to keep him indoors until all of his shots are complete, and it is also contrary to every thing i have read. they, as well as the breeder, told us to only let him play with dogs/pups that we know and have complete shots and only one at a time. please dont misunderstand, i am NOT in any way telling you to let them go out let them frolic lol. i'm just sharing you my experience :yes::D.

Our pups are allowed in our garden but there not allowed to go outside that and we don't want them mixing with other dogs until there fully vaccinated. Saying that it's nearly half 8 on a Sunday night so it's really one full day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Jocha25

Feb 28, 2014
Yes back garden for me too. Having said that I have a small front one and we let him out there today to see what was going on. A little kid came and stroked him. I glad he was to interested in what was going on, than to do his little Bully Bullshark biting like he does in the house lol 🐶💪

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.