Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
It's been a long time since I've posted anything but Schultz's 8th birthday is something to celebrate. It's been a rough couple of months for my family, we lost my dad in October and I think maybe Schultz and I have felt the loss most keenly. Our bulldogs love their routines and my guy's routine of spending the day with his papa has been hard to redirect. But as you can see from the pictures he is DSCF0451.jpgDSCF0442.jpgDSCF0432.jpg
happy and healthy and had the most excellent birthday. We spent the whole day together.
We went to a park with his weimaraner sister, Sophie, for a leisurely stroll, had a ride in the car, his groomer came to the house to dremel his nails, he got leaf filter installed on the gutters (so I never have to climb up on a ladder) as his big present, had broccoli and pup loaf (think meatloaf : ground beef, eggs, minced greens, bread crumbs, and a little tomato paste) for dinner and slept like a angel after all that activity.
Here is to celebrating all birthdays, as there can never be too many!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So sorry for the loss of your Dad.... been over a year for me and it is still tough on most days.

:pupbirthday::birthday5: Happy birthday Schultz... sounds like you had a great day with Mom and your sister

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am so sorry for your loss - it is so true that dogs, esp. bullies, can be so sensitive to losing someone. It sounds like Schultz had a wonderful 8th birthday though! Happy Birthday Schultz! :birthday:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
My deepest condolonces.

Happy 8th birthday!!! still looking good! very handsome boy! many many more birthdays to come!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I wondered at your absence and am very sad to hear of your Dad's
passing, my sincere condolences. A friend asked last week, how long
since Hubby's death, as I told him a year & a half, I knew HE thought
that was quite a bit of time but to me, like yesterday.I don't even know
where the time went, I was so numb, just a blur filled with such grief &
longing for him (Sorry, his birthday is Sunday & on my mind).

Happy Birthday, Schultz, looking great and here's to many more happy,
healthy ones!
:birthday2:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:sorry:Hi and welcome back. I'm so sorry for the loss of your Dad. I can't imagine what you're going through, and there are never any right words to say when someone loses a loved one to make you feel better, only time will do that, and everyone grieves in their own way and their own time. The only thing I know us that with time the pain does get better, and our good memories of our loved ones will slowly replace the sadness, but you never really ever get over it, there will always be those times when you think about him, like his birthday or just out of the blue, and the tears will fall again, and then there will be other times that you think about him when you will laugh, or have a big ole smile.

Happy 8th Birthday Schultz, it sounds like you had a wonderful day with Mommy, and she spoiled you on your day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 128

Mia Amore

Apr 28, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
arame3av.jpg

I wanted to send a
clown to make you smile
on your birthday,
but he fell asleep
and refuses to wake up.
So I'm sending you
this card instead.
I hope you have a
fantastic birthday
anyway with many
reasons to smile.
May every wonderful
thing you wish for
be yours in the year
that's ahead.

Happy Birthday

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Im sorry about your dad. Those are great pictures! He looks wonderful :birthday: you handsome boy and many more to come!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So very sorry to hear about your Dad… my condolences to you and your family :(

But a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SCHULTZ!!! He looks amazing to be 8 years old, you have done a wonderful job Mom!!!

:confetti::cake3::balloons::birthday: :juggle:

Most Reactions