ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
10259798_10152128951296365_1759926774432326227_n-2.jpgMARISSA UPDATE (please see post below for intake info)
The ER vet did an expedited radiology consult last night which confirmed advanced cancerous masses in the lungs. She also had a seizure early last evening. We elected to give her supportive care during the night so she is not suffering and resting comfortably. She is at the end of her life and we are preparing to make a euthanasia decision.

Marissa is technically on stray hold with Broward Animal Care so Buddies does not have the legal right to authorize euthanasia. One of the wonderful supervisors there is supportive of everything we have done and is working with our vets and their documentation this morning to expedite in the best interest of Marissa. We are very sad but not every situation in rescue has the outcome we hoped for. Sometimes making the tough call is the kindest thing to do.

I just copied this from Bumper's FB page…
Marissa was sent to the bridge over an hour ago… when they first found her she was overheated and suffering from heat stroke. When they did further examination on her they discovered the cancer. I'm SO angry, and I'm sitting here crying :cry:SOMEBODY owned this baby, and probably bred her continuously… and they didn't care that she was sick or suffering?!! I just can't understand this… I had 3 bullies that I LOST in the last year, and somebody just threw her away. I don't even know how this rescue can handle this on a daily basis because it honestly makes me so damn angry :angry:

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
How heartbreaking!! The poor little girl. I will never understand how a human being can be so cruel and evil to another living creature. RIP Sweet girl!!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I saw that this morning. Breaks my heart. I just don't understand how people can treat animals the way they do.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm crying right along with you. Marissa is my daughters name. Spelled exactly the same way. How could someone be so heartless??? This picture breaks my heart. I really can't take it anymore. The cruelty is too much for my heart to take. Sometimes I think it would be better to remove myself from this stuff but I don't think that is the answer either. I give the rescues so much credit because for all the bullys they help, I'm sure there are just as many like Marissa that they have to deal with as well. How does one continue to encounter such inhumane behavior without just breaking down?? Sometimes it just feels so overwhelming...:girlcry:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm crying right along with you. Marissa is my daughters name. Spelled exactly the same way. How could someone be so heartless??? This picture breaks my heart. I really can't take it anymore. The cruelty is too much for my heart to take. Sometimes I think it would be better to remove myself from this stuff but I don't think that is the answer either. I give the rescues so much credit because for all the bullys they help, I'm sure there are just as many like Marissa that they have to deal with as well. How does one continue to encounter such inhumane behavior without just breaking down?? Sometimes it just feels so overwhelming...:girlcry:

I agree 100%… I get upset over the ones that I see, but how MANY more do they deal w/on a constant basis, day after day… we all KNOW how much care goes into taking care of bullies. I feel bad if I forget to wipe the folds down daily…

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So hate people... :cry: rest in peace sweet girl- at least you have love in your last hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I totally agree with everyone, this is so hard to see, so sad and devastating. I will never understand how someone could do this to an innocent helpless animal, child, elderly, handicapped, anyone vulnerable really. Only a heartless monster can do this. I wonder why they call dogs animals. These people who do this are the animals.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
This makes my heart heavy with grief, poor baby girl, you deserved better. Rest in peace sweetheart, you don't have to suffer ant longer. :(

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tracey, I was thinking of this little one earlier today after seeing her photo yesterday on FB. Hoping that she would recover from the heat stroke, never even thinking she had so many other serious health issues. It's very devastating news. That picture of her in the ice bath...i keep seeing it in my mind and makes me cry. She resembles Tate so much. May Marissa rest in peace now that she is no longer suffering.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I saw this yesterday also..I didn't know bumper was involved...they do so much and like you said its hard to fathom how these rescues can deal with this everyday and keep going on without losing faith in mankind...

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
What a devasting picture and sad story, poor baby girl RIP sweetheart. Makes me so angry that humans can do things like this. Thank god for people who help them they keep my faith in the human race.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
This makes my heart heavy with grief, poor baby girl, you deserved better. Rest in peace sweetheart, you don't have to suffer ant longer. :(

Agree...this darling has been hurting so badly...a long time.

Thank GOD for these Rescues and their humanity.

Jesus is waiting to take her to Heaven where she will live in
in eternal JOY. RIP sweet Marissa, you deserved better here,
I am sorry & ashamed...Love YOU!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Absolutely heartbreaking!! Poor girl, my heart is heavy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.