EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default This poor sweet baby girl...

-10259798_10152128951296365_1759926774432326227_n-2-jpgMARISSA UPDATE (please see post below for intake info)
    The ER vet did an expedited radiology consult last night which confirmed advanced cancerous masses in the lungs. She also had a seizure early last evening. We elected to give her supportive care during the night so she is not suffering and resting comfortably. She is at the end of her life and we are preparing to make a euthanasia decision.

Marissa is technically on stray hold with Broward Animal Care so Buddies does not have the legal right to authorize euthanasia. One of the wonderful supervisors there is supportive of everything we have done and is working with our vets and their documentation this morning to expedite in the best interest of Marissa. We are very sad but not every situation in rescue has the outcome we hoped for. Sometimes making the tough call is the kindest thing to do.

I just copied this from Bumper's FB page…
    Marissa was sent to the bridge over an hour ago… when they first found her she was overheated and suffering from heat stroke. When they did further examination on her they discovered the cancer. I'm SO angry, and I'm sitting here crying SOMEBODY owned this baby, and probably bred her continuously… and they didn't care that she was sick or suffering?!! I just can't understand this… I had 3 bullies that I LOST in the last year, and somebody just threw her away. I don't even know how this rescue can handle this on a daily basis because it honestly makes me so damn angry

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Buffy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dually
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: This poor sweet baby girl...

How heartbreaking!! The poor little girl. I will never understand how a human being can be so cruel and evil to another living creature. RIP Sweet girl!!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

I saw that this morning. Breaks my heart. I just don't understand how people can treat animals the way they do.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I'm crying right along with you. Marissa is my daughters name. Spelled exactly the same way. How could someone be so heartless??? This picture breaks my heart. I really can't take it anymore. The cruelty is too much for my heart to take. Sometimes I think it would be better to remove myself from this stuff but I don't think that is the answer either. I give the rescues so much credit because for all the bullys they help, I'm sure there are just as many like Marissa that they have to deal with as well. How does one continue to encounter such inhumane behavior without just breaking down?? Sometimes it just feels so overwhelming...
    My smooshy face boy!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    I'm crying right along with you. Marissa is my daughters name. Spelled exactly the same way. How could someone be so heartless??? This picture breaks my heart. I really can't take it anymore. The cruelty is too much for my heart to take. Sometimes I think it would be better to remove myself from this stuff but I don't think that is the answer either. I give the rescues so much credit because for all the bullys they help, I'm sure there are just as many like Marissa that they have to deal with as well. How does one continue to encounter such inhumane behavior without just breaking down?? Sometimes it just feels so overwhelming...
    I agree 100%… I get upset over the ones that I see, but how MANY more do they deal w/on a constant basis, day after day… we all KNOW how much care goes into taking care of bullies. I feel bad if I forget to wipe the folds down daily…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

So hate people... rest in peace sweet girl- at least you have love in your last hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I totally agree with everyone, this is so hard to see, so sad and devastating. I will never understand how someone could do this to an innocent helpless animal, child, elderly, handicapped, anyone vulnerable really. Only a heartless monster can do this. I wonder why they call dogs animals. These people who do this are the animals.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

This makes my heart heavy with grief, poor baby girl, you deserved better. Rest in peace sweetheart, you don't have to suffer ant longer.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Heartbreaking

Devastating, made me cry. RIP beautiful🌹
    Using Tapatalk

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Tracey, I was thinking of this little one earlier today after seeing her photo yesterday on FB. Hoping that she would recover from the heat stroke, never even thinking she had so many other serious health issues. It's very devastating news. That picture of her in the ice bath...i keep seeing it in my mind and makes me cry. She resembles Tate so much. May Marissa rest in peace now that she is no longer suffering.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

I saw this yesterday also..I didn't know bumper was involved...they do so much and like you said its hard to fathom how these rescues can deal with this everyday and keep going on without losing faith in mankind...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads