ear gluing?

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Has anyone done this before? I attempted it and his ears are still kind of buttony afterwords. If you are unfamiliar will this please do not yell at me that this is cruel. It is not painful for a puppy at all. Also i read that the rose ears help prevent ear infections. Is this true?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I don't know what it means :confused:, Please explain it to me. Thanks

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
If a puppy's ear do not rose properly you can use a small dab of eyelash glue to glue them back into the rose shape. What this does is train the cartilage to hold the rose shape. They will usually stay rosed after this instead of "button" which is when the ears fall forward over themselves. Your pup appears to have the proper rose ears which are the breed standard. An fyi, I have heard and seen videos of people stapling their dogs ears which is just aweful, and I personally believe they should be put in jail for this. gluing and stapling are NOT the same thing.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Hmmm, I have never heard of this before. This is what Vegas's ears look like, I have never thought they looked like anything but a typical bully's ears. Does Dozer have big ears?? Maybe because he is still a puppy and they will staighten out as he grows in to them????

Shower001.jpg

He is very tired in this pic as you can tell my his half closed eyes, lol

Last edited:
OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
First of all he is adorabull, Yeah his ears are kind of big. I found the "breeder" where he orignally came from and her bitch has tulip ears so I was a little concerend. Tulip ears stick up like a shepherds but then fold over at the very top lol it is kind of cute. But partly for my own ego I would like him to have rose ears. I love him eaither way, but i have waited years for a bulldog and I want the traditional bulldog look ya know. A little selfish maybe

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] I had read about gluing ears especially if you plan on showing your bully. I think a couple on here have tried this so hopefully you can get some more advice on that. Maybe try a different glue? [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I am sure Bear has the rose ear, Vegas looks like it also.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I have heard great thinkgs about gluing their ears. I have a tutorial somewhere on my computer. When I find it, I'll PM it to you because it's off another forum. Norman's ears are rose shaped... but he comes from a line of champions... and we rescued him so I didn't do anything to him.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes I know many people do glue the ears and it works well but I dont have any advice personally for you, sorry. Once you do figure it out let us know what you did and all to make it work. I agree it isnt cruel or mean at all, doesnt hurt the pup in any way.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
that would be great thanks

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I tried it with Gertie, it was a mess and didn't do anything for her goofy ears! I guess she has "tulip ears". Never knew the proper term, we've always just called hers' "goofy ears". I tried eyelash glue and it wouldn't stick at all, so my vet said to use super glue. I was hesitant because I was afraid she'd have a reaction or it would irritate her skin. But it was fine. It did stick, but I had to use a lot, so she was all crusty with glue and they kept coming unglued, even with super glue. They looked like roses while glued, but as soon as they'd come unglued, they'd stand right up again. We did this for several weeks and finally gave up. She's cute the way she is. My husband says her ears give her "character". I think they make her look goofy, but then she's a goofy girl, so they fit her.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.