agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Mine sheds enough to put fur on a hairless dog.
Lol a bald bully,
theres nothing worse thank brushing your bully going back in the house, stroke your bully and it's as
if you haven't had a brush anywhere near him.
This was something that surprised me about the breed

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Riggins was shedding crazy amounts of hair! I would brush him and us the Furminator on him and I swear he would leave a trail if hair as he walked on by. Lol. I brush him every day or every other. From what I've learned they blow out their coats so maybe that's what is happening. It does seem as though his shedding has slowed down some. So now I'm brushing a couple times a week. But I still have to vacuum every day. I could just follow him around with a dust buster!  I've also read their shedding is affected by the change of seasons. Others will know more than me on that though. Rigs is my first bulldog. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it is the seasonal change then I have read some threads about it and looked on the dates and spring does seem to bring on the shedding. Thank you again. Ya I was not totally sure on how much I should be brushing her with the furminator. Seems like I can brush and brush and brush and seems like I still find loose hair on her. HMM weird. Maybe I will take a vac to her after lol

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Maybe it is the seasonal change then I have read some threads about it and looked on the dates and spring does seem to bring on the shedding. Thank you again. Ya I was not totally sure on how much I should be brushing her with the furminator. Seems like I can brush and brush and brush and seems like I still find loose hair on her. HMM weird. Maybe I will take a vac to her after lol

I'm pretty sure we will always find loose hairs on our babies! Hahaha let me know how that works! I may have to try that with Rigs. 😂

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Lol a bald bully,
theres nothing worse thank brushing your bully going back in the house, stroke your bully and it's as
if you haven't had a brush anywhere near him.
This was something that surprised me about the breed

If only someone can invent a robot flea that eats only the shedded fur that would really help lol.

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
I went through this a few months ago. Switched foods, dropped the salmon oil and nuvet plus vitamins. I brush him every other day with the gofur (similar to furminator) and daily with kong zoom groom. I use furminator conditioner which I think has helped as well. Ace still sheds, but nowhere near how he used to!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
beckylu00

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
I got the furminator love it. He still shedding like crazy. I vacuum almost everyday. It dose help to know that is not just my little guy

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
I have both the furminator and zoom groom. Love both, and use both weekly.
Also this is a bit of a expense, but I bought a robot vacuum. He runs daily in the areas Dooley frequents while I'm at work. So I come home to zero hair on the floors. :happydance: Best purchase I've made other than the wrinkled fat ball that drops said hair all over.
<------- this guy

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
I have been looking into a brush type for Mia and was wondering and looking for one to get. Someone mentioned to me the furminator so they don't shed as much. I have seen a video on the kong which do you prefer?? Have you tried one like the furminator or furbuster?

We use the Furminator for ours two and it works really well. I have noticed though, that this time of year we just can't keep up. We groom them and sweep the floors and it just keeps coming, lol.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
We use the Furminator for ours two and it works really well. I have noticed though, that this time of year we just can't keep up. We groom them and sweep the floors and it just keeps coming, lol.

Oh ya I have noticed with Mia it just keeps coming. I think after brushing her I'll vacuum her up. Lol with my luck it will only make her go into baby shark mode. 😭

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Dogs usually blow their coat at least twice yearly. It is annoying!! So much hair!! We use the furminator on Stella, and out cat. It is by far the best de shedding tool I have used. The most reasonable priced place to purchase is eBay.

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Oh. Forgot to mention. Brush them outside. Then the wind makes the hair magically disappear!! No sweeping needed! 😉

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh. Forgot to mention. Brush them outside. Then the wind makes the hair magically disappear!! No sweeping needed! 😉

I have the furminator too and ya I learned from watching youtube brush outside. Lol at magically disappear. Love that part of it.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.