Shedding

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
Our boy is shedding alot. I brush him and bath him and stil shedding a lot.is this common?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This time of year they will be blowing their coat.... do you have a Kong Zoom Groom?? get one, best thing ever for getting short hair under coat.

Also could be due to food issues, but they blow their coat twice a year

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
This time of year they will be blowing their coat.... do you have a Kong Zoom Groom?? get one, best thing ever for getting short hair under coat.

Also could be due to food issues, but they blow their coat twice a year

I have been looking into a brush type for Mia and was wondering and looking for one to get. Someone mentioned to me the furminator so they don't shed as much. I have seen a video on the kong which do you prefer?? Have you tried one like the furminator or furbuster?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have been looking into a brush type for Mia and was wondering and looking for one to get. Someone mentioned to me the furminator so they don't shed as much. I have seen a video on the kong which do you prefer?? Have you tried one like the furminator or furbuster?

I use both, but prefer the Kong and so do the pups

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Riggins is shedding like crazy too! We have super dark, almost black hardwood floors and he is white. Not a good combo. Lol. I have the Furminator and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
I just picked up the furminator and have been trying it this week. So far so good I bought the little green one for Mia. I wanted to try this one first to see if it lived up to the hype and so far yes. I do see less hair on me when I pick her up. I do also want to get the Kong Groom though. That one seems to be more gentler I dont know why. Does anyone have any advice on how much they shed? It seems like Mia is shedding everyday seems a lot to me not to sure. Also how often do you brush/groom your bully?

@Rigginsluv11 & @2BullyMama

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mine sheds enough to put fur on a hairless dog.

lol how do you deal with it around your house? I am trying to keep my house very clean and neat but when I see her hair on the rug or floor it drives me a lil crazy. Am I fighting a endless battle?

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Well you see im a very laid back person (very lazy) and i dont really mind furs on me or the sofa or the visitors (yup im a slob) haha. But seriously i really dont mind LOL.:tongue: Since i noticed that Bifi sheds like hes being treated for chemo i just double the time i vacuum around the house. The furs inbetween vacuuming time well i learned to just embrace them lol.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Well you see im a very laid back person (very lazy) and i dont really mind furs on me or the sofa or the visitors (yup im a slob) haha. But seriously i really dont mind LOL.:tongue: Since i noticed that Bifi sheds like hes being treated for chemo i just double the time i vacuum around the house. The furs inbetween vacuuming time well i learned to just embrace them lol.

lol I am sorry I didn't mean like I was following her around with a hand held vac. lol Sorry my mom is a neat freak and the hair thing I got from her. But if its going to be a endless battle then I mean who am I kidding she is going to win. lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep as others have said he is blowing his coat. We use the Zoom Groom, and it works great. We have a furminator, but don't use it, as the bullies don't like it, but they love the Zoom Groom.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
lol I am sorry I didn't mean like I was following her around with a hand held vac. lol Sorry my mom is a neat freak and the hair thing I got from her. But if its going to be a endless battle then I mean who am I kidding she is going to win. lol

what? No! I really meant it when i said im lazy i mean seriously really lazy lol and its just me, i really just dont mind the "fur coat". Thers me and well theres normal people like you ;).

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I just picked up the furminator and have been trying it this week. So far so good I bought the little green one for Mia. I wanted to try this one first to see if it lived up to the hype and so far yes. I do see less hair on me when I pick her up. I do also want to get the Kong Groom though. That one seems to be more gentler I dont know why. Does anyone have any advice on how much they shed? It seems like Mia is shedding everyday seems a lot to me not to sure. Also how often do you brush/groom your bully?

@Rigginsluv11 & @2BullyMama

Riggins was shedding crazy amounts of hair! I would brush him and us the Furminator on him and I swear he would leave a trail if hair as he walked on by. Lol. I brush him every day or every other. From what I've learned they blow out their coats so maybe that's what is happening. It does seem as though his shedding has slowed down some. So now I'm brushing a couple times a week. But I still have to vacuum every day. I could just follow him around with a dust buster! 😂 I've also read their shedding is affected by the change of seasons. Others will know more than me on that though. Rigs is my first bulldog. 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.