wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Overall not to bad of a night....put him in his crate @ 1145 and you might have thought I put him in a cage of torture with the way he was crying and barking, and not in a crate with blankets, toys and stuffed animal. This lasted for about 30 minutes and it stopped. 2 hours later woke up and brought him outside to go the bathroom and peed right away. Back in crate and torture for him begins again. this time again only 30 minutes exactly of crying and four hours later woke up to him barking and brought outside to go the bathroom and again pee no problem. Back in crate a little more crying and then hour later woke up to barking brought him outside and pooped twice. Fed him after that and back outside a few minutes later and he pooped and peed again. So far so good. just that he is more attached and follows on my heels at all times this morning. So bloody cute I can't even handle it. hopefully today goes well. I'm sure i will be on here posting away and adding more pics hahaha since I am a proud new parent :heart::heart:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Awww. Great job on the first night! Way to be tough and not take him to bed with you. lol. The following thing he's going to do for a while, even to the bathroom :D. Has he cuddled with you yet while you're sitting on the couch? I'm a sucker for that. :yes:

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] he is sitting in my gf's lap and will not get out and fell asleep there. Soooo cuddly this morning, starting to settle in. i was fine with not taking him to bed but my gf on the other hand almost snapped and did it but was fine.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Sounds like a good night. You are good....I would have abaonded the crate and did with Lola and wished I would have tried with Brodie but he is on our bed, sleeps all night until he wakes me in the am (around 5 am) licking my face to go out. I am glad it is going so well.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Good job at sticking with it! like desertskybulldogs said, unless you want him to have your bed as his permanent sleeping area, use his crate. Right now he is a puppy, one day all to soon he will be 63 lbs. like Vegas and will hog the bed, it is so uncomfortable to get any sleep, as well as the loud snoring that will go on. Vegas Loves his crate and goes in on his own, I don't even shut-lock the door. he also has pillow, blanket, and many stuffed animals to surround him. He slept with me and my husband New Year's Eve as a treat, we were miserable all night with him, and I don't think he even liked it, he kept panting LOUDLY because he was to hot. It was a reminder why we do not allow him in our bed!!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Wow great night I don't know how you did it but kudos. Can't wait for more photos.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
oh you are stronger than I was. I could get through the crying, but Terri can't. So we now have 3 dogs in bed with us. Keep it up, you will have good nights and bad nights, but you did the right thing!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes good job! When we brought home our boy he was 9 months old already and crate trained. We thought oh ok how easyt his will be. Well he cried for a minute and that was the end. He has been in our bed ever since. haha

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Great Job... Ireland will be 5 months old on the 4th and she still cries sometimes. I have gotten to where I block it out... We took her out of the crate now and she has a "play pen" she wakes me up around 5am every morning to go out and do her business and then come in and eat... Keep up the great work...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The crying will stop, maybe even tonight. Another helpful trick is to cover the crate with a sheet (lightly, make sure there is still air getting in!!!) as soon as the crying starts. Kinda like covering a parrot at night to keep it from squwaking.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
he doesn't care if there is a sheet over the top hahahha. I have a blanket and even left a night light on for him; luckily he stopped barking each time after 30 minutes

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Sounds like you had a great first night. I'll be interested to see how excited you'd be if you have kids some day. I bet you will be a terrific Dad.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.