Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Its good to know others have these issues :) I dont feel so crazy about it anymore. You talk to a dog trainer about actions like peeing in crate, or peeing in the house if something outside is scary, and they will tell you its a training issue. But it can't be coincidence that we've all got the same problems. Must be a breed thing.

It IS a breed thang ;)

Some bullies more than others but very common.
As is regression after months of being house trained.
Frustrating but go back to basics, it doesn't take long
and many times, they have no further problem. I think
peeing on the pads in their crate (but no where else) is
a form of marking, Cami does this...but does not pee in
her crate when bare. Strange breed the bullies, lol

B

Baxter Tiberius

Yeah I've noticed that Baxter tends to pee on things when they are freshly cleaned. Its got to be some form of marking. Even though he doesn't lift his leg.

He's been walking over to his bed in the living room once in awhile and just peeing on it. Always immediately after I wash it. It must smell too clean :)

I really hate that he has no bedding though. Its got to be terribly uncomfortable sleeping on plastic every night :(

drmom89

May 14, 2014
This was so interesting to me. I got Jammy when she was 10 weeks old. I have been able to crate train all my other dogs in less than a week. But Jammy was willing to pee in her crate and sit in it. I was pulling my hair out. My breader was of no help. It took about 2weeks of getting up every 2 hrs to take her outside. She finally got it and I've had no issues since. I was relived to read about other people's problems. It was so frustrating. But now I know it wasn't just her or me! Thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.