Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need some advice PLEASE!

What a sweet face your Rocco has!!! Chicken could be the issue, my girl gets hives from it. She also gets pink ichy skin from salmon.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I agree w/the gang… sounds like chicken could be the culprit. Also don't rule out grass… we had a dog allergic to grass, and she was miserable outside.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by beckylu00 View Post
    @Vikinggirl thank u. How long did u give the food before u changed it? 1 week 2 weeks? @Blueberrys Mom Rocco 11months. And yeah hes had chicken for a while. Since we got him its been one thing after another. Its so hard to see him itchy. Im thankful I found u all.I dont feel alone. I just want him to b happy and normal.

Just dont know what to do.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Considering it's allergy season, and his hives and itching started recently, I wouldn't change the food out (yet).

Try Claritin. For a 60 lb bullie I give Claritin (unflavored) 5mg ever 12 hours. Or, the 10mg every 24 hours. The Claritin needs to be unflavored.

Update! We decided to take Rocco off of Blue Buffalo the freedom one.im making his food now stil giving him chicken with rice.its only been what two days. I took him a bath with relief shampoo. Happy to say today and yesterday he looks good not itchy as bad.we notice his eyes are not watery in his nose is not as water either his hives gone down giving him zyrtec once a day. We also noticed when we cut the grass and he uses the potty right after he gets itchy so it could be the grass.thank u all for your help.if he dose flare up again with hives then we will switch 2 beef or turkey but so far so good. Rocco sunbathing

Using Tapatalk

sorry the other pix is sideways

Using Tapatalk

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia
    Likes (Received)

I'm sorry I can't offer any words of wisdom. But.. can offer support I hope he does get better and you do find what is giving him hives. If you just need to vent I'm all ears. Mia send her support as well. 🐾🐶

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

So glad he's finding some relief, I hope he continues to improve. It could still be environmental allergies to grass, trees, pollen etc. it's spring and normal for this time of the year, even us humans are suffering with sneezing , itchy watery eyes, and stuffy noses. Not much we can do other than treat symptoms, antihistamines, vaporizer with eucalyptus oil, and wiping his feet with wet ones or baby wipes after walking outside on the grass to remove allergens. It should get better when the air conditioning is turned on, as this helps with air equality when spring and summer bring allergies. Also keeping walks to early morning and in the evenings will help as well.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads