Purina vs Blue Buffalo FYI

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
I am a proud mom of a 12 week old bully! The past few weeks have been very trying! I have had her to the vet three times with Gastrointestinal issues! Let me start with on day one the breeder tells me she is starting her on Panacur as a preventative and it needs to be given for three days but after the first dose my bully had perfuse bloody diarrhea so I rushed her to my local animal hospital who tells me her fecal test is negative but to continue the panacur and then gave me a prescription for metronidazole and to return in 7 days! After the treatment her poop was formed and had a well visit and was given probiotic sprinkles and we were sent home! Sure enough after 2 days the diarrhea returned so back to the vet we go and they order her special food science diet ID I started to wein her from her regular purina proplan to the new food and she started vomiting so I stopped the science diet and have been keeping her with purina proplan! The vet also started her on another round of the metronidazole! The vet tells me my bully just has a underdeveloped Gastrointestinal system due to her age! I started giving her cooled boiled chicken and rice daily and banana in the morning! im not sure what else to do for her! So far the breeded was giving the pups science diet then switched to something called nature nuggets then I got her and started the purina proplan now my vet wants me to give her science diet Id! Personally I think my little one has had too many changes in a short time? Any suggestions right now she is on hold for vaccines until her Gastrointestinal issues resolve but I want her to be safe and healthy! Please help! Is my vet just looking to make money at the expense of my furkids health? Am I doing the right things for her?

I hope you get the help you need. I feel so bad for your little one. You can't enjoy her yet cause your so worried. I hope you find what helps her so she can eat normal and be healthy and happy and so you have piece of mind. Wishing you luck on your journey.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)