Question for those of you who dress your Bullies...

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Do they just wear their jackets, sweaters, hoodies, etc. outside, or do they wear them in the house too? It's been so cold here lately, highs in the 40's and overnite lows in the low 20's :eek:. Even tho Ida wasn't all that thrilled with the sweater idea, I'm thinking of making a couple more for Gertie and Ida to at least wear outside. Do you think they'd get too warm if they wore them inside too?

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
granted i've only had my bullie a few hours but i have had the hoodie on him in the house too...it's low 20's here during the day and drops into the teens at night, and i have hard wood floors and they get cold no matter what i have my heat set too

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion does. She really likes to stay snug. I put her in a sweater. If I don't, I find her napping in front of the fire or under my couch blanket.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I keep Bear's hoodie on sometimes while in the house when its cold. For the most part he's naked.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
it really just depends on if the house is cold.. lex usually wears his to go potty or if hes wanting to play outside, if we have the fire going i take it off if not he'll wear it inside

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester only wears his outside..as my furnace is set at 73 and he's panting away at that! LOL

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
73? OMG, Lisa, I'd melt! I have mine set at 68 and it's sometimes too warm, so I'll turn it off during the day. Of course we're not as cold as you guys are. We've been in the 40's and low 50's here, which is pretty chilly for us.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Gracie wears hers all the time since it's gotten cold. She seems quite content to be dressed.

On the really cold days we put her coat over her fleece to go outside.

Last edited:

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
guinness has had his on for two straights days with no real issue. just out the harness on over the hoodie when we go outside. seems perfectly ok with it being on

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Silva always has her coat or sweater on when she goes out and we sometimes put a shirt or sweater on in the house.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Gracie wears hers all the time since it's gotten cold. She seems quite content to be dressed.

On the really cold days we put her coat over her fleece to go outside.

To add to that, Gracie we believe has issues involving being afraid of everything and we think the clothes may give her more of a sense of security. At any rate, she loves wearing them and its fun for us. She doesn't seem to get too warm.

haileysmomma

Jan 10, 2011
VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hailey Sue
We purchased a fleece hoodie for Hailey last night b/c she shivers on her walks! She looks sooo cute! Now, I want to get her more clothes!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=1691]haileysmomma[/MENTION] ........ Welcome to the insanity.... Gracie has gotten quite the wardrobe in the 5 months she has lived with us. It's fun shopping for her and [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], my wife has started making clothes for bullies. :) Matter of fact one of her fleeces is being raffled off here on EBN. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online