Fenced in back yard on hot days

pattonsmom

Apr 9, 2014
CT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
General Patton
I agree with everyone on here. They absolutely cannot take the heat. I live in CT and it hasn't been very hot yet and my baby still over heats sometimes when we are going for a short leisurely walk just in my apartment complex and it's 60 degrees and breezey! Sometimes I have to carry him home and we only go a few apartment buildings down. I have had my central air on for weeks already just so he can be comfortable. They are so so sensitive. My dog however is clueless and loves any type of sun he can get, he's obsessed with sunbathing in the sun rays INSIDE my apartment.

- - - Updated - - -

Please don't leave your bull dog outside unattended for long when the temperature is over 80 degrees. I lost my dog yesterday. She was only 18 months old. My son came home from college and let the dog outside while I was at work. He left her outside as we had previously done with her during cooler temperatures. I came home yesterday only to find her dead in the backyard. I am absolutely devistated and heart broken. He said she was only out there 3 hours but it was too late. My 11 yr old daughter who we bought the dog for thinks she ran away. Our dog slept in my daughters room every night and followed her around everywhere she went. I only wish I could go back two days. I can't but you can. Take it from me, these dogs can not take the heat.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Sending bully hugs to you and your family.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Please don't leave your bull dog outside unattended for long when the temperature is over 80 degrees. I lost my dog yesterday. She was only 18 months old. My son came home from college and let the dog outside while I was at work. He left her outside as we had previously done with her during cooler temperatures. I came home yesterday only to find her dead in the backyard. I am absolutely devistated and heart broken. He said she was only out there 3 hours but it was too late. My 11 yr old daughter who we bought the dog for thinks she ran away. Our dog slept in my daughters room every night and followed her around everywhere she went. I only wish I could go back two days. I can't but you can. Take it from me, these dogs can not take the heat.

I'm so sorry for your loss. That is heartbreaking.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
With the warm weather coming on, we really need to be vigilant when it comes to our bullies and the risk of overheating. It is now in the upper 90's/low 100's for this week here in So Cal and I noticed last night, even while indoors, Tate's breathing was much more rapid as he was sleeping. The temp inside was in the mid 70's but just before bedtime, he was playing and running around indoors, and just going in/out to go potty can be quite taxing for our bulldogs.

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins

Oh my goodness I am so sorry you are going through this 😞 Your poor family. I cannot begin to imagine what you are all going through. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drmom89

May 14, 2014
I'm so sorry for your loss. Jammy loves the sun and lies on our patio until she's baked and them comes inside to cool off for about half an hour then back out she goes. I worried about this for months so I got a child plastic swimming pool for her. Now she's still a "baked potato" but she gets in the pool and lies down from time to time. She's been doing this for 5 yrs now so I don't worry anymore. Walks are always in the evening with a H20 bottle .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

BanditBowlin

Apr 19, 2014
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Bandit

I am so sorry for your loss!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

How totally heartbreaking.... so very sorry for the loss of your baby.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.