Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brynnlee
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Fenced in back yard on hot days

Brynnlee does the same thing - sits and sun bathes. I have to make her get up to just drink water at times. I take her out for about 20 minutes or so and always carry water with me and then we go right back inside. If she is with me in the car during the summer the AC is always on. Bulldogs are way to stubborn for their own good!

Whoever said diamonds were a girl's best friend has never owned a bulldog <3

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I myself would keep him inside when you are not home as they will just lay and cook themselves. My Ftse's litter brother died from heat exhaustion and apparently was not outside all day either.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sasha
    Likes (Received)

Please don't leave your bull dog outside unattended for long when the temperature is over 80 degrees. I lost my dog yesterday. She was only 18 months old. My son came home from college and let the dog outside while I was at work. He left her outside as we had previously done with her during cooler temperatures. I came home yesterday only to find her dead in the backyard. I am absolutely devistated and heart broken. He said she was only out there 3 hours but it was too late. My 11 yr old daughter who we bought the dog for thinks she ran away. Our dog slept in my daughters room every night and followed her around everywhere she went. I only wish I could go back two days. I can't but you can. Take it from me, these dogs can not take the heat.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Please keep your Baby Bully inside, put him in his playpen while you are at work, the heat will kill him, My Bully, Elmo goes out the doggie door to do his business, I go out with him, when he is finished I make him go right back inside the house. You will probably have to clean up his pee pee and poop, but that is so much better then having to bury him.

Real Name
    Larry
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hank
    Likes (Received)

You're right, BanditBowlin: This is "a really excellent community". Lots of support, knowledge, wisdom, love and kindness. I guess we're all under the influence of our DOGS

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CeeMeFree01 View Post
    Please don't leave your bull dog outside unattended for long when the temperature is over 80 degrees. I lost my dog yesterday. She was only 18 months old. My son came home from college and let the dog outside while I was at work. He left her outside as we had previously done with her during cooler temperatures. I came home yesterday only to find her dead in the backyard. I am absolutely devistated and heart broken. He said she was only out there 3 hours but it was too late. My 11 yr old daughter who we bought the dog for thinks she ran away. Our dog slept in my daughters room every night and followed her around everywhere she went. I only wish I could go back two days. I can't but you can. Take it from me, these dogs can not take the heat.
    I am so so sorry to hear this, poor baby. Saying a prayer for you and your family.

Real Name
    Desiree
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    General Patton
    Likes (Received)

I agree with everyone on here. They absolutely cannot take the heat. I live in CT and it hasn't been very hot yet and my baby still over heats sometimes when we are going for a short leisurely walk just in my apartment complex and it's 60 degrees and breezey! Sometimes I have to carry him home and we only go a few apartment buildings down. I have had my central air on for weeks already just so he can be comfortable. They are so so sensitive. My dog however is clueless and loves any type of sun he can get, he's obsessed with sunbathing in the sun rays INSIDE my apartment.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm very sorry for your loss. Sending bully hugs to you and your family.
    Proud to be Patton's Mommy.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry for your loss. That is heartbreaking.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

With the warm weather coming on, we really need to be vigilant when it comes to our bullies and the risk of overheating. It is now in the upper 90's/low 100's for this week here in So Cal and I noticed last night, even while indoors, Tate's breathing was much more rapid as he was sleeping. The temp inside was in the mid 70's but just before bedtime, he was playing and running around indoors, and just going in/out to go potty can be quite taxing for our bulldogs.

Dog Park Attendant Rigginsluv11's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Riggins
    Likes (Received)

Oh my goodness I am so sorry you are going through this 😞 Your poor family. I cannot begin to imagine what you are all going through. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry for your loss. Jammy loves the sun and lies on our patio until she's baked and them comes inside to cool off for about half an hour then back out she goes. I worried about this for months so I got a child plastic swimming pool for her. Now she's still a "baked potato" but she gets in the pool and lies down from time to time. She's been doing this for 5 yrs now so I don't worry anymore. Walks are always in the evening with a H20 bottle .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bandit
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry for your loss!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads